Day 247-Hadley

Locklyn hasn't left her bed for days now. She is very uncomfortable and doesn't want to be pregnant anymore. Today is my day to help her out. Cason went hunting since it stopped raining and he wants to get more meat before the babies arrive.

         I walked into Locklyn's room and she was sitting on the edge of her bed, rubbing her stomach, which is about three times her size and very low.

         "Hey, how do you feel?" I crossed my arms and leaned on the dresser.

         "They're running out of room in there." She looked at her stomach and smiled lightly. "Can you help me up? I want to go to the living room to sit in the recliner. I can't take sitting in my bed any longer."

         "Yeah, sure." I held out my hands, lifted her up from the bed, and held onto her arm. She put her hands on her back and sighed. "You okay?"

         "No, the contractions are strong today." She was very tired sounding. "I'm so uncomfortable. The pain in my lower back is horrible."

         "When did the contractions start?"

         "About two hours ago but they keep coming back and stronger each time." I nodded. Anya came into the room. "Hey."

         "How is momma doing?" Anya put her hands on Locklyn's stomach and smiled widely. "I hope you two aren't hurting her," Locklyn and I laughed at Anya. "How you feeling?" she asked Locklyn.

         "Contractions are very strong today. They keep coming back in intervals it feels like."

         "When did they start?"

         "Two hours ago," Locklyn took a deep breath and closed her eyes tightly. She gripped onto my shoulder and squeezed. "Oh, ow, this hurts."

         "Lock, you might actually be in labor," Anya said while looking at her watch. "that contraction lasted a minute." Locklyn nodded. "tell me when the next one comes."

         "Now," Locklyn yelled and clenched her stomach. she was breathing rapidly and heavily.

         "about ten minutes apart," Anya whispered. I looked over at Anya and she had wide eyes and a surprised look on her face. "Lock, you're in labor." She shook her head. "You need to walk downstairs to the living room just in case your water breaks and you start crowning."

         "Come on, I'll help you." I held Locklyn's hand and we slowly walked down the stairs. At the bottom she stopped and let go of my hand. Anya was right behind us. She was holding onto the stairs' railing.

         "Guys," I soon heard water dropping onto the floor. I looked down and saw a giant puddle of water under Locklyn's feet. "My water just broke."

         "That's a lot of water, Anya. What do we do?" Locklyn screamed and her knees buckled. Anya ran down the stairs and we both held her up. "Trace!" I yelled down the hall. "Breathe, Lock."

         "I can't do this. I'm not ready." She was crying and huffing and puffing.

         "Trace, help us!" I yelled and he came into the hallway. "Can you help us get Locklyn to the living room?"

         "What's going on?" he came over but slipped on the water from Locklyn. "what is this?" he yelled and looked up at Locklyn. "oh my God! Is this her water?" we nodded. "Gross!" he stood up and went into the living room.

         "Get me the couch cushions so I can prop them under Locklyn's back," Anya said in her medical voice, which is strict, stern, but worrisome at the same time. "Hadley, get me a sheet and some towels. Trace, get Locklyn a cup of ice and get me the box after that. GO!" Anya yelled.