Day 219-Trace

I am learning how to walk on my own again. I still need the crutches but I am gaining a lot of strength back. Anya says to walk up and down the stairs a couple times without the crutches. It will help me gain strength at a quicker rate because of gravity change.

Today is my day to help Locklyn. She is in the final month of pregnancy and labor could be any day now. Cason is trying to hunt everyday because when the babies are born, he isn't going to hunt anymore, which is understandable to me. He is hoping that we are home at least two weeks after the babies are born.

I walked into the living room with one crutch. My right foot was worse than my left and I don't know why it was. I have more pain in that ankle than the other, so I use the crutch on the right.

"Hey, Lock." She smiled at me while lying on the couch. She was wearing Cason's shorts and a t-shirt of his. She had her body pillow in-between her back and the couch. "Do you need anything? I'm going to start dinner for everyone."

"Get me some iced tea. Cason made some tea last night and put it in the fridge for me, oh, and get me a can of sardines in the basement."

"Sardines? Really?"

"Yeah, I'm craving those badly. Please, Trace."

"Okay fine. How are you feeling? Any pain going on?" I looked at the sheet Anya made up for each of us to ask Lock every day. "Any discharge?" I made a face and shook my head.

"Nope. Just normal kicking going on. Although on my right I'm having more pain than usual. I don't think it is anything alarming."

"What kind of discharge does she mean though?" I was confused on that. Anya bolded the word, so it must be important. I don't remember learning about that in health, but I skipped a couple days to deal with Armin's death. "Like blood?"

"Blood or my water breaking. It's nothing you need to worry about Trace. She will be the one delivering my babies, so you don't have to freak out about that. I will most likely tell Cason more than I would tell you."

"Okay, good." I sighed and laughed. I went into the kitchen where I got the iced tea and then looked in the cabinets before going to the basement for sardines. I found a couple and gave them to Locklyn. She sat up slowly, rubbed the right side of her stomach, and began eating the sardines, which was gross to watch.

I went back to the kitchen to begin dinner and I decided to make a salad with the fresh vegetables Cason picked and some turkey with corn, spinach, and carrots in a skillet and to add some taste, my mother's homemade honey glaze. We have all the ingredients here and it will make everything taste better.

I began to cut up the turkey that Cason killed two days ago. He puts the date on all of the meat so whatever is the oldest, we use first, and the nice thing is he also sorts it in the fridge.

"Trace, I caught some fish for you," Hadley came in with the bucket used for fishing. I looked inside and saw it was half filled with water.

I stepped back and held my breath in.

Water. It almost ate me alive. Now, it is eating the fish. It will get me next.

My mind began to replay how everything unfolded on that day.

The water, not too cold, not too hot. I felt a hand, an actual hand take hold of my right ankle and pull me forward. I flew back and smacked the water, which may have given me whiplash by how hard my body slammed against the water. My arms were trying to get to the surface and I id get to the surface and took a breath of air.