Day 70-Anya

Hadley wasn't hurt badly when she fell. She was better after three days but still has bouts of pain in her lower back and needs to sit down or put an ice pack on it. I'm just happy she wasn't paralyzed or severely hurt.

Cason isn't going hunting today because he wants to sleep and said he feels sick. Hopefully he didn't get what Locklyn had, but he handles raw meat everyday and may have contracted something. Trace is fishing and has been out there and not having much luck. I went out onto the back deck, stared at him, and soon went down to the pond and sat next to him.

He looked over at me and smiled. "Hey," he said and looked back at the pond. "How are you?"

"Good." I smiled. "Trace." He looked over to me and I grabbed his face and kissed his lips. He smiled and wrapped his arm around me. I soon moved closer and deepen the kiss.

Trace pushed me off and sighed. "Anya, what is wrong with you?"

"Excuse me?" I sat back and made a face at him.

"You wanted to keep our emotions hidden and look at what you are doing, kissing me in the backyard of the cabin; everyone else can see us."

"Everyone else is asleep inside. Cason and Locklyn are sick and Hadley was having panic attacks and took some medicine and fell asleep. It's okay for us to kiss and make out, right?"

"Yeah..." I stood up and sat on his lap. He dropped the fishing pole and put his hands at my side. I began to kiss him more and he squeezed me tightly in his hug.

My heart was racing and becoming quicker and faster as we kept kissing. This is the moment I longed for for weeks and it feels so real and I feel so alive. My mind is different when I am with Trace, it seems clear and free. Maybe I have never known it, but, for a long time, I have had feelings for him. I never expressed them towards him until now and I truly think Armin knew we had to be together. I always thought Trace would end up with Hadley, but that won't happen now that he admitted he liked me.

I continued to kiss Trace and each time he deepened the kiss, my heart beat went faster. Trace gripped my hips and squeezed, making me squeal inside.

Then the thought of Armin came into my mind. The euphoria, the desire, the passion left and my body became numb I felt like my bones vanished and my skin melted to the ground.

I pushed away from the kiss and stood up. Trace stared up at me. I turned and stared at the pond, soon starting to sob. I fell to the ground and that was when Trace came over and hugged me tightly.

"What is it? Was it something I did?" Trace asked while he cradled me in his embrace.

"No...it was me." I sobbed some more. "I'm sorry, Trace."

"Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything wrong. What is going on though? I care about you, Anya, and what just happened was amazing but now I'm worried because you are crying."

"While kissing you something made me think of Armin and how he is probably turning in his grave because we were making out. Then again I felt his presence almost and something in my body reacted and I felt numb."

"How long has this been going on for?"

"Months. It started about a week before we were taken and came here. While here, it is just stronger and more intense and at times I think he is in the house and I know for a fact he isn't, but his spirit is here."