Day 9-Cason

After everything that happened with Locklyn the other day, she is sober and back to normal, but, I wonder how long it will last. Her birthday is in five days and she will want to drink and party. I don't like seeing her ruin herself because of anxiety and depressed thoughts. She is my everything and I don't like to see her hurt or in pain. I'm trying my best to keep it together and at times I want to break down and cry. I don't want Locklyn to see me cry.

Today is our anniversary and I decided to take her on a hike and a picnic. She doesn't know I planned all of this and want to surprise her.

Trace came into the room I created in the basement to skin, cut, and prep the meat for eating. I didn't want to do it outside because of bacteria and other things that can ruin the meat and get everyone sick.

"Hey," I said while cleaning up the mess I made with the fish he caught yesterday. "Is everything all set?"

"Yeah, and just in case I put blankets out there if you two want to be alone and stuff." I shook my head. "She took out the bottle of whiskey."

"Why didn't you stop her? Now she is going to be drunk and I didn't want that, especially tonight." He shrugged. I sighed, pushed by him, and ran up the steps and into the kitchen. "Locklyn, what are you doing?" I yelled at her while she chugged down the drink she made. She had a tank top with no pants on.

She looked perfect though. Her body is slender, her collar and hip bones sticking out just a bit, her ribs outlined on her sides, and her long tan legs shined. God, I hate and love when she does this.

She smiled back at me and continued drinking. I snapped out of my mesmerizing state and took the glass away from her. "Get some damn clothes on. What are you doing walking around here with no clothes on? I talked to you about this the other day and you still aren't listening to me. You aren't a child Locklyn, you are an adult and adults wear clothes."

"I don't want to. It's too hot." She went to the living room and blasted the radio. She began to sing and jump around.

I went to our room and locked the door. The journals we were assigned were sitting on the desk. I took mine and began to write a small entry, what we are supposed to do every day, and I think I am the only one writing. I picked up Locklyn's and wrote the date. She has been writing, some things are jumbled and I think it's because she was drunk and then some things make sense.

I wonder what my mother, stepfather, and brothers are doing right this second. They probably don't understand what happened to me and why I'm not home, then again, my stepfather always said I would leave and run just like my father. That is just one out of a hundred reasons why I hate him and we don't get along.

I was nine when they told me they were having a baby. I was angry because that was when my father was becoming more distant in my life, my mother just got married, and my stepfather was an asshole. I didn't talk to my mother for two days and refused to leave my room. My brother, Niko, was born the following spring and when I first met him, he looked exactly like me, and I thought that having a brother was amazing. Two and half years later came my second brother, Ruben, and he is a ball of energy and always sneaking into my room during the night and climbing into bed with me. I miss him the most because he would come to me instead of my step-father, and I loved seeing my stepfather jealous.

One time, when Locklyn was sleeping over, Ruben snuck into my room during the night and saw us kissing and watching TV on mute. He ran out, grabbed his blanket, put it over his head to be invisible, and climbed in-between Locklyn and I. Since that moment, he has loved Locklyn and is always asking if she is going to move in and live there forever.