Day 86-Hadley

There's snow on the ground, the meat supply is gone, and Cason's not having luck with hunting. He keeps going to the garden and is getting fruits and vegetables but it just doesn't cut it.

We're used to the snow because back home, we would usually get snow in either October or April, and if the snow closed down school, we stayed inside, and slept all day. Here it would be the same thing but Anya is trying to get everyone to clean and we just don't feel like it.

Trace and Cason were cleaning the meat room and the bathrooms upstairs, Anya is cleaning the kitchen and wanting to do inventory, Locklyn is doing laundry downstairs, and I had to reorganize the bookcase. It was a stupid task, but it's better than doing dishes. I was reorganizing by last name and category; there were a lot of medical and survival books.

I heard a bang downstairs and thought it was the boys until I saw them walking upstairs to the bathrooms. I stopped what I was doing and went into the kitchen and then down to the basement. It was too quiet and I was getting nervous by it. I looked around and saw Locklyn lying on the ground.

"Locklyn!" I yelled and went over to her. "Locklyn, wake up!" I yelled. "Cason, Anya, Trace!" I screamed and let tears fall. Anya came running down the stairs.

"Locklyn!" She came over and took her pulse right away. "She's breathing."

"Why is she unconscious? Why?!" I was crying fully and shaking.

"Calm down Hadley. She can sense your anxiety. She can't be doing stuff around the cabin anymore, not until the babies are born. It's too risky for her."

"We need to get her upstairs, warm her up at least."

"She isn't dead! She just passed out from dehydration. She was very sick the last couple of months. She is stressed out because of the babies and living here. Go get the guys and they can carry her to the living room, she is too heavy for us."

I ran up the basement stairs and the stairs leading to the second floor. "Cason, Trace, open up!" I banged on the boys' bathroom. "Cason, Trace! Help!"

"What Hadley?!" Trace opened the door halfway. "What do you want? We're busy!"

"Locklyn passed out. We need help carrying her upstairs."

"She passed out?" Cason pushed Trace out of the way. "No!" Cason pushed me and ran downstairs. Trace and I followed him. "Locklyn, wake up!" Cason yelled. "Help me Trace." The guys picked her up and carried her slowly upstairs.

"Gosh, she's heavy."

"She's pregnant with two or more babies. Don't make fun of her. What the hell dude?" Cason was upset and angry at this point. "Anya get some water and soup for her. Trace get a damp cloth." Anya and Trace left the living room. "Lock, come on, wake up, for me. Please."

"She's going to be fine Cason."

"How do you know? She hates being pregnant and we have no idea how many there are, if they have heartbeats, or if they are healthy. This is very stressful not just for her but for me also. She is the love of my life and carrying my children. If I could, I would take the babies and carry them so she can be happy again."

"Cason," I whispered and let tears fall.

He sobbed. "I love her, Hadley. She has been there for me for as long as I can remember and the amount of shit we went through; I can't believe we are here. After these babies are born, we are leaving this place because raising children here is not going to be an option. I'm going to plan the escape, no matter if it kills me or not."