Day 262-Trace

Hadley has been on edge lately. Everyone is keeping a close eye on her but she is very agitated about being in the cabin. She wants to leave, as do all of us, but its difficult when you have no way of escaping. Hadley has been running up and down the stairs to the basement and back to her room all night long. She hasn't slept in days and is now on the verge of a psychotic break.

I believe she's acting this way because Armin's death date is coming up.

I was on the back deck feeding Joel for Locklyn and Cason. Cason had two seizures last night and isn't feeling well, so I agreed to help Locklyn with the triplets. I think it's good for the triplets to be outside once in awhile, it may help them with growing and gaining weight even.

Joel started to cry halfway through his bottle and I slowly put him on my chest and pat his back softly. I was staring down at him as he continued to cry and then, he puked on my shirt.

"Okay, it's alright," I mumbled to him. I took the cloth Locklyn gave me and put it over the vomit. Joel continued to cry. "Shush," I kissed the top of his head and he slowed his crying and was soon sleeping after twenty minutes.

I went inside the cabin and into the living room. Locklyn was asleep on the couch while Everleigh and Paislee were sleeping in the crib. I put Joel there and grinned widely.

Anya came into the living room and hugged me from behind, putting her head on my shoulder, and staring at the triplets' sleep. I put my hands over hers' and squeezed.

"They are so cute, aren't they," she whispered.

"Yeah, and I can't believe we are part of their lives. It amazes me that Locklyn and Cason had triplets with no medical equipment or doctors. It was just Locklyn's body caring for these babies and all of us hoping for the best."

"I know, its crazy to think a woman's body can change to bear a child and then aid in its health. Its pretty cool."

"I want three children when we get older."

"Why three?"

"Because I never had siblings and don't want my child to grow up alone. I want three because it seems like two can be iffy but with three you know that two are bound to be close."

"Three sounds perfect." She kissed me and then walked away. I followed her into the kitchen.

"How's Cason and Hadley?" I asked sitting at the island.

"Cason's in a lot of pain and his head hurts. I put up blankets over his windows because he was screaming every time the sunlight came into the room. Hadley locked herself in her room and won't talk to me. I'm worried for her because she hasn't slept and is now freaking out thinking our families forgot about us."

"I'm thinking she is finally grieving Armin's death. Its almost been a year since he died."

Anya sighed and stood at the sink. She gripped onto the counter and closed her eyes tightly. "I know and in the back of my head I feel like he is alive."

"Same here," I whispered.

We both heard someone pounding down the stairs and it was Hadley running and stopping at the hall closet. She whipped open the doors and dug through the stuff in there. She was breathing heavily and shaking. I glanced over at Anya, got up, and went to Hadley. she had this small ball of paper, rope, and wires.

"What are you doing?" I asked her. "You're acting crazy."

"Leave me alone!" she yelled and frantically dug through the stuff. "Go away!" she screamed and the triplets started to cry.