Chapter 4: The Inconviniencing

The next afternoon, you were just hanging out in the Mystery Shack when the bell suddenly rang. Wendy smiled. "Oh, hey. Quittin' time!" She took her name tag and threw it on the desk. She started to head out of the door.

"Wait!" Dipper exclaimed, stopping Wendy in her tracks. She turned around, facing him. "Maybe... Mabel and I can join you guys?" He stood there, all awkward and sweaty.

Wendy thought about it for a moment. "Hm... my friends are a bit intense. How old you guys say you are?"

"Oh, um..." Dipper started. "We're... thirteen! Technically a teen. Yeah... thirteen."

You sat there, confused and concerned for the 12 year old boy. Why did he had to change his age just to hang out with her? Dang, he really likes her this much.

"Oh, okay." Wendy smiled again. "I like your moxy, kid. How 'bout you, Y/N? I'm sure they already missed you."

You snapped up. "Um, sure! Okay, I'll come."

After a bit of arguing from Dipper and Mabel, you all decided to go outside the shack. You saw your other friends, with Thomson upside down. Robbie was throwing jelly beans, with Thomson's belly button as the target. You noticed Wendy picking up a green jelly bean, scoping the belly button before throwing it hard. It shot inside the button.

All of them were astonished and amazed. They looked at your direction and smiled. "Wendy!" They chorused. "Y/N!" They saw you.

"Hi." Yo waved.

Wendy smiled. "Guys. This is Mabel and Dipper. These are my friends; Tambry, Lee and Nate, Thomson, who once ate a waffle that was ran over for 50cents-"

"Hey, don't tell them that." Thomson complained.

Wendy ignored him. "And you already knew Robbie."

Robbie scoffed. "Uh, why are they here? Are you supposed to babysit them or something?" 

"No. C'mon, let's go!" Wendy said.

You, Dipper and Mabel sat on the back seat and Thomson started driving. Mabel just wrote something on the armrest using a red marker.

"Mabel, don't do something crazy." Dipper sighed.

"What? Am I embarassing you in front of your- GIRLFRIEE-" Mabel shouted the last one, but Dipper interrupted her by putting his hand over her mouth.

Dipper lasted a good long minute before retracting his hand all of a sudden. "Agh! Mabel, did you just lick my hand?!"

The older twin laughed, and you chuckled along.

A few minutes of reckless driving later, you already arrived to the haunted destination. All of you went out of the car and looked through the metal fences.

"There it is, fellas." Wendy muttered. "The condemned 'Dusk to Dawn'."

Nate was excited. "Yeah. Some say that the two owners died because of murder."

"Oooh~" Wendy teased, but laughed at the end. "Let's go then." Robbie, Wendy, Thomson, and Tambry easily hopped over the fence. You and Mabel managed to get over it too, but Dipper seemed to ba having a rough time placing one foot to the other.

"C'mon. Just hopped over already." Robbie complained.

Dipper gulped. "Uh, isn't this a bad idea?"

"Dude, Y/N and your sister did it." Robbie pointed at you while Mabel was rolling around the ground.

"Oh. I d-don't kno-"

"Let me just-" Lee interrupted as he grabbed Dipper and dropped him. "Oh, sorry." Lee apologized, but it sounded not sincere. You winced at it, feeling bad.

You all walked towards the entrance. Robbie tried to open it, but it looked like it's stuck.

You butted in. "Okay, let's go home. It's locked."

"Let me at it." Dipper stepped forward.

Robbie scoffed. "What, you're gonna open it like Hercules or somethin'?" He laughed.

Wendy groaned. "Robbie, stop. He's just a little kid."

Dipper felt disappointed, before he adjusted his hat and a new sense of determination filled his veins. He climbed all the way the roof of the store. "Dipper!" Mabel called. "Be careful out there!" Dipper completely went inside. You all waited in silence.

Meanwhile, Robbie crossed his arms and smirked. "Like he's gonna open it..."

Suddenly, Dipper came out of the closed door, now unlocked. He showed a proud grin, with all of you staring at the kid who just went inside a rumored haunted store. Your teen friends cheered, and went inside.

▲△▲△

editing!!

KimmiePines