Chapter 14: I knew it!

Meanwhile, by the last step of the stairs was a certain pre-teen boy, his hands on the either side of his face and his sweats coming down on a mile rate. He felt hot and cold all at the same time.

He just cannot keep this thing forever! He felt as if this secret needs to be shared to the world, or rather, his world who was sitting on the barrel-like chair inside the gift shop.

He just gotta tell someone, but not you. Not yet. He wasn't ready.

At the midst of silence, he heard a jingle. "Du-duroo~ s-sweepin', sweepin'... with my trusty broomstick-in~"

Dipper followed the sound with his eyes. "Soos?" He called.

The big man suddenly appeared beside him. "Yeah, dude?"

His heartbeat escalated as he placed a hand on his chest. "Ah!" He yelped. "Soos, you're gonna give me a heart attack!"

Soos only chuckled wholeheartedly. "Sorry, dude."

Dipper only groaned, looking down, making his cap cover his face.

The handyman beside him noticed his hopeless expression. "What's wrong?" When he didn't answer, Soos already got the hint that this was something serious.

What the pinetree-capped boy didn't expect was the question mark-clothed guy sat beside him on the step. He felt a large hand patting his back.

"It's okay, Dipper. You can tell me anything." Soos presented a reassuring smile on his face, making the boy smile back. But the smile fell when he realized that this was it, he's about to say what he didn't want to tell anyone.

Dipper bit his bottom lip. "I... I'm... I'm going upstairs!" He bailed and sprinted upstairs towards the door to his room. He heaved a huge sigh of helplessness as a blush spread across his face. He went to push open the door when someone else beat him to it. "Mabel!"

"Hey, bro! How are-whoa!"

The girl was almost startled when the boy pulled her arm inside their shared room. He closed the door with a loud slam and turned to her sharply. Dipper was breathing heavily and his eyes screamed for help but his eyebrows furrowed in determination.

"Are you oka-"

"I'm fine, Mabel! I'm fine!"

"Are you sure, because Y/N said the same thing and trust me, she was not fine."

"She's not?"

"That's not the point, Dip!" Mabel flailed her arms and rested her hands on her brother's shoulders. "So would you please tell me what the heck is going on?!" She crossed her arms.

Dipper sighed in defeat. There's no turning back now. He basically trapped himself now that he realized that his sister was blocking the door. "Fine," he ran his hand across his face. "I... told Y/N I liked her while she's asleep. Now, what I didn't know was if she was really asleep or not when I told her that and it really makes me anxious and-and scared-"

"Bro," Mabel raised a hand, a sign that he should stop talking. He did, but he had a deep frown on his face. Silence ensued.

Dipper looked at his sister confusedly. "Aren't you going to say something?" She sure did. She looked like she was going to explode.

"I... knew it!" Mabel bounced real high, as she prompted 'I knew it, I knew it' over and over. Dipper watched his sister celebrating inside her own bubble. "I knew something happened last night!"

"Mabel, don't word it like that," he pleaded as he felt shivers down his spine. "It wasn't a big deal, okay? It's not like- like I kissed her or something, that's absurd-"