Chapter 12: Couch.

note: this is after the episode 'sock opera'.

Dipper found himself relaxing as he watched some random TV show. He was relieved to finally have some good rest when Mabel suddenly barged through the door.

"Hey, Dipper! Wanna have a sleepover with me and Y/N?" Mabel grinned. However, Dipper easily ignored the girl. "Oh, please, please, please! Candy and Grenda couldn't come tonight!"

Dipper sighed and gave up. "Fine-- but just for one night."

His twin sister engulfed him in a bone-crushing hug. She screamed 'thank you' 20 times before she was cut off by Dipper. "Good bye, broseph! See you tonight!"

He was alone again, and while blankly watching various Gravity Falls commercials, he can't get what Wendy said out of his head.

"You know there are more fishes in the sea. There are other girls out there. Maybe you could even find someone your age." Wendy hopped on to her bike. "Oh, I think I won't be able to go to the next movie night! You and Y/N should go on without me."

He was still confused.

●♢●

Later that night, you were sitting with Dipper and Mabel in a circle. The girl beside you held her hands in a malicious way. "Who wants to play... Truth or Dare?!"

"Pass."

"No thank you."

"Well," She pouted. "What about Spin the Bottle?"

Both you and Dipper shook your heads, not in the mood for any of her games. But then, Mabel whispered something to you, leaving the other one very confused for the second time this day.

Mabel screamed something that surely made Dipper be horrified and anxious and nervous all at the same time.

"MAKEOVER!"

She tackled her brother as you went to get the make-up materials as quick as you can. "No, wait!!" Pleaded Dipper. "Stop! AGHHHHH!"

●♢●

You and Mabel gasped fakely. "Oh my gosh, Dipper!" Mabel snickered. "You looked just like Pacifica Northwest!"

You were proud of the masterpiece you and Mabel created, but internally, you cringed because you know how uncomfortable Dipper must've felt with these many layers of make up.

You handed him a piece of make-up remover. You also helped getting some stuff off. Your face was heating up, you were getting too near him. His thick, red lips were just centimeters apart from yours, and you weren't sure, but you saw him blushed. Maybe from embarrassment?

You managed to remove some of it off, but it was still obvious. You chuckled. He looks so cute and adorable.

Dipper thought your laugh was cute and adorable.

what.

"Hey, I'm bored, let's watch some movies!" Mabel tugged the both of you downstairs and picked of course, the most clichèd romance film ever.

You hated it. There was an arranged marriage, the girl lost her memories, the guy died.

But Mabel, of course it's Mabel, was so attached to the movie. She was amazed and was screaming at the characters at how stupid they were for doing this, choosing that.

You were really trying to watch, but you also tried to stay awake. You let out a small yawn.

"Sleepy?"

You were startled. You soon found out it was coming from Dipper. "A bit," you whispered back. "Mabel could've picked a better romance movie."

Dipper agreed. The both of you thought Mabel would hear your conversatolion, so you scooted closer. By passing the time, the two of you pointed out the movie's mistakes and laugh at the part of the movie where the protagonist said that she'll leave her true love because of her fixed marriage.

Mabel was bawling her eyes out.

Finally the movie ended. You let out a sigh of relief until-

"Another one!" Mabel exclaimed before putting another clichèd romance movie. You and Dipper groaned. You never thought Stan could own that many romantic DVDs.

You wanted to watch it, for Mabel, but the sleep was getting to you, and it was forcing your eyes to shut. Slowly, your head leaned down.

Meanwhile, Dipper felt something weighed down in one of his shoulders. Seeing that it was you asleep, he tensed up. He didn't want to wake you up, but he felt so awkward and uncomfortable.

Inside, he was happy.

A girl was leaning beside him. A girl.

His train of happy thoughts were soon cut off by Mabel who yawned pretty loudly. "That's enough movies for tonight. Let's go to bed, you guys." She turned towards the two and saw you. She smirked for a bit before replacing it with an innocent grin. Mabel began to walk with her slouching posture and her tired-filled eyes.

Dipper realized, oh no.

She was doing this on purpose.

Mabel was now upstairs, leaving Dipper alone with Y/N, mostly, his thoughts.

He was sleepy before, well he was still tired, but his mind was never been more awake. He couldn't comprehend the fact that a girl is sitting beside him, with her head on his shoulder, sleeping peacefully.

The light from the windows helped Dipper see a fraction of your face. He just sat there, fiddling with his thumbs.

"Y/N?" He whispered, wanting to know if you were truly awake before blurting all his feelings aloud. "I... now that I know you're asleep, I can say what I wanted to say. First of all, I wanted to thank you for all that you've done for me. Th-thanks for going through adventures with me. Thanks for standing up for me, for... for defending me from Robbie.

"Thank you for telling me what to do, just... I couldn't have done... almost anything... without you."

He glanced at your face, you looked like you were still sleeping, so he continued.

"After I confessed to Wendy, she told me that there are other fishes in the sea. Mabel also told me that. Is that supposed to be... a sign or something? Like a clue?

"But after that day, I remembered that I was pretty upset because Wendy didn't reciprocate her feelings towards me. I was bummed out... but you were there for me, and you cheered me up. I appreciate that. I like how you instantly made me laugh."

The atmosphere of the room went 180°. Dipper wasn't aware of what he was saying.

"I like your hair, especially when you got to style it in different ways, I like your eyes, how it zooms when you found something you love, I really like your voice. I also like your laugh, oh, your laugh. I feel so proud of myself when I hear your laugh after my terrible jokes.

And your smile. Your beautiful smile. Y/N, I love it when you smile. Tomorrow, will you smile for me? I think I like everything about you. What I meant to say is..."

Dipper looked at you.

"I like you, Y/N."

You were unfazed. Well, he wasn't really expecting for a response. He yawned. Apparently, confessing to your crush makes you all sleepy. It really helped him. It made him realized that he was actually in love again, only this time, it's only at 60%. Dipper slept on your comfy floof of hair, knowing that he confessed to you.

But what he did not know was that you were awake when he said he liked you.

edited
KimmiePines