Chapter 18: Is this Goodbye?

While the three of you were hugging, the silence was soon occupied with Mabel clearing her throat. Why does she always come in the worst of times? You break it out slowly before Mabel came bounding inside and pulled you by your arm. "Come on, Y/N! Grenda brought snacks!"

You were at loss for words as the alpha twin still pulled at your arm, making your heels slide to the floor. You glanced at your parents' blank looks and shrugged, and you didn't see them again after that. You could still help them carry their bags later.

Mabel lead you to her room, revealing Candy, Grenda- who were busy pouring sweets on the bowl- and Dipper, who was sitting idly on his bed.

"Guys! Y/N's here!" 

The two girls before you cheered before giving you each of their hugs. You embraced them back and went to sit down besides Dipper. But before you could place your butt on the mattress, Mabel had stopped you. 

"Hey! Tonight we all sit on the floor. No beds! Let's all be fair. Right, girls?"

"Right!" They said in unison. 

Dipper rolled his eyes but still caved with you, sliding to the floor next to each other. 

"We all know why we're here today," Mabel started. 

He crossed his arms. "I don't," he said, making you giggle quietly. 

Mabel ignored him and continued, "We have gathered here today... because we want to witness your love story! How did the two of you end up together? Did Dipper fell on one knee? Did he give you flowers? Did you have your first kiss-?"

"Okay! One at a time, Mabel." You said, calming her down. Two of her friends were silently hyperventilating at the side, and you figured that they were really best of friends to be on the same wavelength of fangirling. 

"Are you really going to tell them?" Dipper muttered next to you, his eyebrows furrowed in a disapproval.

You saw his cheeks turning red, making you smirk. "Why, you embarrassed?"

"Wha- no!" He sputtered out and you laughed. "Y/N, I'm not embarrassed at all! This is Mabel we're talking about," Dipper said without hesitation, fully knowing that his sister was in front of him.

"And? What's wrong with that? Don't you trust your sister?"

"Yeah, Dipper!" Mabel agreed. "Don't you twust me?"

"Not with that wording. Please stop."

"Only if you tell me what happened!"

Dipper groaned. "Fine. Y/N, you tell them."

"What? Why me?" You countered. You shoved his shoulder playfully. "You should tell them. You're the one who invited me to that monster hunting thing."

Dipper groaned more in defeat. "Fine."

///

Almost twenty minutes have passed. Mabel, Grenda, and Candy were listening so eagerly. They were eating the candies they have brought and the bowl full of sweets was on its way to being empty. 

You noticed how Dipper looked uncomfortable when he talked about the moment the Gremloblin hurt you. So you wordlessly gave him your hand and he took it, squeezing it a bit for comfort. You didn't realize how hurt Dipper must've been when he saw you almost unconscious on the ground. 

He awkwardly finished the story with a "That's it."

Mabel pushed away the tear sliding down her cheeks. "That was so beautiful."

"Yeah, thanks Mabel for forcing me to relive all those memories," You said half-heartedly.

"Thank you for telling us," Candy grinned. "You helped me continue my fanfiction."

Dipper raised an eyebrow. "Your what?"

"Nothing." 

You let minutes turn into hours, as you felt yourself comfortable leaning against Dipper's shoulders. The five of you were watching Grenda's new obsession; "The Days and Nights of Ms. Pancakes". It was a good story, but the main character's reply was always "You don't know me!" so you know that you are going to get bored of this sooner than later. 

The episode ended and you all decided that this would continue on another day. While all of you were cleaning up the mess that was the twins' room, Candy chimed in, "Hey, Mabel. What are you going to do for your birthday?"

"Birthday?" You asked dumbly. 

"Uh, yeah. Birthdays." Dipper said slowly. "It's on the 31st."

Your eyes widened. That was the last day of summer. You didn't even realize that one week left until summer was over. School starts once more. (You were really grateful for Stan letting you go to school those past years).

"The last day of summer? So... you leave?"

Dipper looked down, as if he already knew you were going to ask that when Candy brought up their birthdays. "...yeah. Mabel and I would have to go back to California."

Oh. You nodded, trying not to think about Dipper being apart from you. You have to wait a whole year for him to come back, and just by the mere thought of it, it made your heart hurt. 

But you gave him a small smile. "Okay." 

If their birthday is going to be on the last day of summer, then you're going to plan the funnest, most exciting birthday bash that they will never forget. You wanted them to remember the last memory they have on Gravity Falls before they leave. 

Before they leave you. 

///

there is an epilogue.

edited!
kimmiepines