Chapter 15: Heat of the moment.

You woke up pretty early in the morning. You sat up as you yawned, basking in the sunlight that was screening through your window curtains.

As you began to feel more awake. Your eyes widened as well as your smile. Today is the big day, you supposed.

You began to dress yourself up into more comfortable yet flexible clothes because you were sure you're going to be dragged by Dipper later.

In excitement you almost skipped breakfast if it wasn't for the loud grumbling of your stomach mixed with Mabel's persistence.

Finally, you and Dipper met at the entrance of the shack. Without another word, the both of you went to trek inside the woods. Dipper had his nose on his journal while you just tightened your grip on the straps of your duffle bag.

It was quiet, but not the kind of quiet you expected. You thought everything would be going smooth as butter, but so far, he haven't said a word yet.

It was kind of bothering you.

The two of you stopped walking for a bit, landing at the middle of the forest and began to devise a plan. You crouched down to observe some weirdly colored flowers while Dipper still had his eyes focused on the book.

You huffed. "So," you attempted to strike a conversation with him. "Penny for your thoughts?"

Dipper sharply brought his book down and looked at you. "Um... it's nothing," he stuttered out. You raised an eyebrow in confusion but he just waved it off and showed you a page from his journal.

"What's that thing?" You said as you slowly stood up from your position and studied the huge drawing of a creature.

"That is a Gremoblin. It's sort of a hybrid between a gremlin and a goblin so, yeah..."

"Okay... we're going to catch it?"

"Yeah- uh, maybe we'll just get to observe its nature and purpose to this world and maybe find out their weakness?" He pointed at the author's writings. "It says here that if you look into its eyes, you're going to see your worst fears."

"Where?" You stood beside him and read the papers.

Dipper tensed, feeling your breathing near him. Your faces were so close...

You seemed to realize it too, because your face turned red and instantly retracted your head and stood up straighter.

Interrupting the awkward silence was a loud growl. "There it is! Come on, Y/n!" You didn't know if you were thankful about the creature disturbing your awkward encounter or angry because it ruined a potential opportunity.

Nonetheless, Dipper's hand on yours felt warm and soft as he pulled you along towards what he thought was the creature they were talking about.

Dipper found a bush you could hide in. He immediately pushed you down and pulled apart the leaves, seeing the said monster in his own world.

You were both aware that you shouldn't make any noise, but it was getting difficult to do it when your crush is literally in your personal space. There weren't many vacant spaces inside the small shrub but this was the best place you could all do; it was a safe distance, one where you could observe without it seeing you.