Chapter 6: Third Wheel

Today, Stan opened up the new Mystery Fair. He said he wants to have more money- I mean, people.

Minutes before the grand opening of the fair, Soos was fixing the dunk tank, Mabel and Dipper were talking to Stan about the whole fair permit being fake, and you were talking to Wendy.

"Hey, Y/N," Wendy said. "We should hang out when the fair opens. You know, rides and prizes."

You smiled. "Sure. But, wait-" you paused. "Didn't Dipper ask you out? Then you said, 'yeah, I guess so'?" You clarified.

"Oh, right. Bummer." She sighed. She then came up with an idea. "Then... you should come with us. We'll hang out together."

You groaned. "Fine."

▲△▲△

The fair was now finished, and you and Dipper walked towards Wendy. Mabel was busy getting cotton candy for you.

Mabel didn't know about your crush for her brother, but you're planning on telling her today.

The three of you bought these 'Mystery Dogs'. Wendy and Dipper were talking and laughing as you just... stood there. Although from time to time, Wendy would nudge your shoulder to keep up, but in return, you would just smile.

As Wendy laughed, the mustard on the corndog fell on her sleeve. "Ah, boo. Gotta clean this up! Be right back!" Before she completely walked away, she nudged you again. "Y/N..." she said in a warning tone.

You glared. "Alright!" You whispered. You were about to speak to him, when his sister went first.

"Mabel!" Dipper exclaimed. "You won't believe it. I asked Wendy if she wants to hang out with me and she said, 'yeah i guess so'!"

Mabel laughed. "Woah! Now there's gonna be romance afoot! You and Wendy, getting all romance-y in the fair!" She teased, as you stood at the side.

You were wincing in pain. Ugh. Now you, Mabel?

In the middle of the conversation, you suddenly smell a familiar gallon of body spray that belongs to none other than your 'friend', Robbie.

He smirked at the three of you. "Hey, dorks. Y/N." Robbie spat your name.

"Robbie," you greeted back, crossing your arms. "Honestly thought you'd be in a cemetery, having a concert or something." The two of you glared at each other, before Robbie suddenly grabbed you for a playful noogie.

Dipper and Mabel stared shockingly.

"Hey, get off of me!" You pushed him away. "We're not even friends. I only speak to you because Wendy wanted me to." You rolled your eyes.

Robbie scoffed. "Whatever. Hey, have any of you seen Wendy? Thought she might check out my-" he flexed his legs. "Ah, super tight jeans." You stared in disgust.

Dipper smirked. "Y'know, I think I saw her in the Bottomless Pit. You should go jump in and look for her there." You and Mabel gasped at his boldness.

Robbie glared at him. "Maybe I will." He walked away, his legs nudging into Dipper very harshly on purpose.

After the whole Robbie incident, Wendy came back. You realized that you spent time talking to the jerk that you never had the chance to speak with Dipper, even telling Mabel your feelings for his brother.