Chapter 11: Into the Friendzone. (P2)

You were spinning your chair, bored out of your mind. "Ugh, what's taking them so long?"

"Yeah, they sure are taking their time there," said Soos who was struggling to wear a lab coat he just found.

Mabel, who had just finished the last of her raw sugar packets, simply shrugged. "Maybe... they're making out--"

"Mabel, please." You cut her off, not wanting to think if what she said was true. But if it is, it will absolutely break your heart.

Luckily, Soos passed the time by asking if he looks smarter with a coat and briefcase. "I feel like I look smarter," he stated.

Mabel gasped as she neared the control panel. "Razzle dazzle! Look at all these tube-y things!" She pressed a button, "Frozen,". Seeing in a cctv camera was a tube that was indeed frozen. She pressed the button again, and the tube was back to normal. 

You noticed a paper beside the monitor. "Experiment 210. The Shape Shifter" You muttered suspiciously.

"Shape Shifter? Wait, didn't Dipper say there was a monster down there?" Soos questioned.

Your eyes widened. Mabel gasped aloud. "I thought he was joking!" She exclaimed.
You grabbed her upper arms and shook her back and forth. "You know your brother's jokes were terrible!"

All of you panicked, but you decided that you would find your friends and save them from the monster.

●♢●

You ran and ran, until you bumped into someone. Mabel exclaimed, "Dipper, Wendy!"

"Mabel, Soos, Y/N- wait..." Dipper had shielded Wendy with his arm and instinctively stepped back. "How do we know they're not the Shape Shifter?" He whispered to Wendy.

Soos was alarmed. "Maybe I am!" He pulled his shirt up. "Mabel, inspect my shapes!"

"Poke."

He laughed, his stomach rumbling. "Do that again."

"Poke."

You sighed as you roll your eyes. Dipper let his guard down and blinked. "Okay, it's them."

You saw Wendy's knee was bleeding. "Wendy, you're bleeding!" You rushed to her side. She offered her flannel so you instantly ripped a part of a sleeve off. Dipper watched you silently and carefully while Mabel asked them what happened and Wendy telling you the whole thing.

"So, what's the plan?" Soos asked.

You wrapped the cloth around the wound and tightened it. You tied it with a knot, securing it. "Well," you chimed in, very aware that Dipper was staring at you in wonder. "Just as Wendy said, it took you to its home, tricked you and tried to destroy you," you said, a whole new feeling of protectiveness began to surge into you.

"--I say we return the favor."

You told them the plan. On the way to finding Wendy and Dipper, you spotted an open pipe with a huge valve next to it. You know what to do with it.

So here you are, waiting for the signal where the twins come in.

●♢●