32. Logan

32. Logan

Together with Axelle, I was walking in the forest. I wanted to search for a place where we could sleep and rest. I remember that there was a small cabin, where I played in the past with my friends. I hoped that it was still there. So we wouldn't have to worry about that anymore. And we would have one problem less.

" What happened to my parents? " My head turned towards her. Why did she have to ask me that question now? She would give herself even more blame for what happened. And I hadn't had time to think about the answer to this question. I saw a frown on her face when I didn't answer immediately. I cleared my throat and said: " They ... They are in the hospital. I don't know how they are. I was mostly busy with finding you " And panicking and placing my life on on-hold, I thought.

Axelle stopped walking as soon as I didn't say anything more. She started to panick. " They are getting the best care they can have. As soon as we're back, you can visit them. I promise " I squeezed her hand and smiled a little. " Were their injuries bad? They are going to survive? "

She started shaking. Mostly out of fear that she might never see her parents again. I pulled her towards me and wrapped my arms around her. " I don't know. I haven't visit them myself. I'm sorry " She looked at my face. " I'm sorry that I can't tell you much more. I could only think of you. At the fact that I needed to bring you back. As soon as possible " I explained my apologies.

I kissed her forehead and we stayed in that embrace for a few minutes. " Logan " Someone called my name. I pushed Axelle behind my back and turned around. I sighed a second later. How was it possible that I hadn't heard him coming? Probably, because the mindlink didn't work anymore. " I brought you some stuff. Luca wanted me to check if you guys were still her " Oliver threw two backpacks towards us. How did he smuggle this stuff out of the pack?!

" How long are you going to hide? Luca has just claimed the Alpha position and he's already changing everything. I don't think the pack is going the survive this " I sighed and went through my hair. " Give me two days. Than we can both rest and return to our full power " The fact that Axelle was gone for that long had made me feel tired.

" I'm coming back in two days. Same place, same time. Do you want me give a message to someone? " I shook my head. He would just talk to Jack about this short conversation. I looked at Axelle. Maybe she wanted to ask him something. " How are my parents doing? " She asked again, this time to Oliver. He sighed shortly. " They are both in the hospital. Your dad is in a very bad condition. I don't know if they are going to survive. And I don't know if Luca is going to let the doctors do their job "

That chance was indeed big. He would see the opportunity to hurt Axelle and me even more. I hoped that the had more important things to do at the moment. " Thank you Oliver " He nodded, before running away. Back to the pack. I turned around, grabbed the two bags and said: " Let's start walking again " before we started searching for the cabin again.   

A/N: I hope you like the chapter :) Don't hesitate to tell me if I made any mistakes :)

You can still send me questions for the Q&A :)

Vote/Comment/Follow