54. Logan

54. Logan

The fair was a big success. It was the topic of discussion this week. I think, that everyone was a little surprised that Axelle had organised this fair. It was her first Luna task and she did a great job. She had already gained the hearts of a lot of pack members and the other part would follow very quickly.

For the first time, in a few weeks, I had taken a day off. No work, no Alfa tasks. Just Axelle and I. It was time, she got a surprise. To show her that I loved her and to celebrate her first Luna task, off course.

We were sitting in a field, with a picnic basket in front of us, in the grass. Her head laid against my shoulder and my arm was around her middle. The moment was perfect, or almost perfect.

You could already see it on her face. Again, something was happening, without me knowing it. I think, it started when my parents came to visit us, to see the fair of which they had heard so much about. The news had even reached some other packs.

My mother wanted to talk to Axelle about something, in private. I still didn't know about what. Maybe something from that conversation was bothering her. The smile from the first days of the fair, had vanished till the end of it. She was still smiling, but more forced. She didn't want me to know that something was wrong, but I could see through her mask.

" What's wong? " I asked her. She looked at me, with a confused expression. " You are behaving different, since your talk with my mom. You know you can tell me everything, right? " She turned a little bit away from me. I stopped her movement. She clearly didn't want to talk about it, but I wouldn't stop till I knew what was wrong.

" Axelle ... You're making me worried. You are behaving different the last couple of days. First, you are ignoring me and the next, you want my attention. " I grabbed her face and turned it towards me. Insecurity could be seen in her eyes. " I promise, I will not respond badly. I just want to know what's bothering you. Maybe I can help. "

My eyes begged her to tell me. I hoped with all my heart, that she would tell me, otherwise I would go to my mother and ask it myself. " She just wanted to know how things were going between us " She started hesitant. I just nodded, as a sign that she could keep going. " We talked about the future and ... yeah ... " I raised my eyebrow. " She said what?" Axelle, almost immediately, threw her arms in the air and mumbled: " She started about children, alright?! "

" And that's bad because ...? " To be honest, I had also started thinking about children. So in my opinion, it wasn't weird that my mom was thinking about grandchildren. Why was this so bad for Axelle? " She told me, that it would be good if the pack got an heir in the near future. She even asked me to get started. "

I just looked at her for a moment. Of course, I understood that it would be good to have an heir in a few months, but I wasn't going to force Axelle. I really understood her behaviour now. The last few days, she had been behaving really strange. On some moments, she wanted my attention for herself and was always in my area. The shy Axelle was completely gone. I took me some effort, and a lot of cold showers, so I wouldn't mate with her. Now, everything made sense.

I had already noticed that when we got a little bit further, like a hand under a shirt, she always pulled away and a shiver went through her. Would she really mate with me, against her will, because my mom wanted an heir for our pack?!

I sighed slowly and kissed her forehead. " Give it some time, Axelle. I'm not going to force you to do something that you don't like. And especially not with this topic. When there's a child, it won't go away anymore. It will be for the rest of our lives. "

I wrapped my arms around her and pushed her closer to me. " You don't need to do the things, others expect you to do. You just need to do what you think is the best. "   

A/N: My exams did start today, so I don't know when the next update will be. I hope the weekend, or in the beginning of next week :) 

I hope you like the chapter!

The Omega has already 56k views :o I can't believe it :O 

Vote/Comment/Follow