E. R. part 1

Sin ( Senior Year) 

"Dj you okay?" I asked her as we sat in the library.

"I don't feel good Sin," she said as she looked at me.

She had sweat dripping down her face, I thought it was because she had just came from gym. I took my hand and felt her forehead. She was burning up. I watched as she wrapped her arm around her stomach.

"Fuck Sin," she semi –yelled out.

We were in study hall. It was our fourth period. I looked up at the clock it was running close to 11. We had lunch in another 40 minutes. I watched as her head fell onto the table we were sitting at.

"Can you make it till lunch?" I asked her as I bit down on my bottom lip.

"I don't know," she said. It sounded like she was drifting in and out between being woke and sleep.

We were seniors and could go off campus for lunch. If she could hold off till then, we can go to the ER.

"Sin please help me baby," she said.

I bit my lip. My best friend was hurting bad. I looked up and saw the teacher wasn't paying us any attention.

"Lets go," I said as I helped her up.

I placed her arm around my neck and began to walk out the library. We just had to make it out the front door and down the street to get her car.

"Sin I think Imma pass out ma," she mumbled.

"No just hold on we almost there," I said as I opened the front door.

"Sin I can't," she said.

"No we almost there baby," I said as I felt the tears run down my face.

"Okay," she said as her pace started to slow down.

"Come on Dj the car is right there," I yelled at her.

I felt her straighten up as best she could. We finally reached the car. I reached in her pocket to look for her car keys.

"Damn Sin I'm dying and you still trying to feel me up," she said.

I laughed a little bit as she chuckled and groaned. I unlocked her door and placed her in the front seat. I ran around to the driver side and hopped in. I started the car and pulled out the parking spot and took off down the street. I don't know what was faster my tears or the wheels on the car. I felt Dj place her hand on my thigh.

"Sin I really don't wanna die in a car crash," she said as her head slumped over to the side.

I looked over at her. She was sweating even worse and her eyes were dimming. I gripped the steering wheel tighter as my foot pressed down harder on the gas petal. Before I knew it I was pulling up in front of the ER. I ran out and around the car. I opened the door and Dj just sat there.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," I whispered as I kneeled down.

"Dj wake up baby please wake up," I said as I slapped her face to try and get her to look at me.

"Sin if you don't stop slapping me," she said in a very low voice.

I smiled. She wasn't dead. I helped her out of the car as we ran into the hospital.