Chapter 14

"You'll pay for what you did to Kirako." my mouth twitched in anger as I slowly walked over and picked up Tenseiga. 

"As if! Just because you suddenly have spiritual powers doesn't mean you will win this fight!" Maya yelled; masking fear with loud confidence. 

"I won't win because of my spiritual powers." my voice was calm, and there was no expression on my face. "I'll win simply because my hatred is stronger than yours. I may have taken your lover, but you took my sister. You won't survive. I don't care if I have to die to kill you. I will." 

"Big talk from someone so small." she sneered. 

     I was done talking. I was done seeing her alive when Kirako was laying dead. I poured all the spiritual power I could manage into Tenseiga, and charged. Maya's hands turned red, and she threw multiple shots of magic at me. 

     "What!" she exclaimed as Tenseiga cut through all of them.

"You're dead!" I yelled; plunging Tenseiga into her shoulder. 

"You'll have to try harder than that!" she exclaimed; pain filling her features as she jumped back. 

"I'm not done yet!" I sliced the air where I was standing, and a rush of spiritual power hit her. 

"This isn't over you wretch!" Maya screamed, and disappeared into thin air. 

     "She got away." I whispered as I fell to my knees. I refused to look at Kirako's body, but I couldn't force my self to get up. I need to find Sesshomaru, but my body wasn't moving. 

Get up stupid! I gasped as Kirako's voice came to my mind. She would always tell me that when I got tired during training. I did exactly as my sister told me, and got to my feet. Still not looking over at her, I turned to look for Sesshomaru. I needed to know he was okay after that spiritual explosion. 

     "Sesshomaru?" I called as I walked past leveled trees. 

"I see she got away." he stated; appearing out of no where. My only response was a sad look at the ground, so he didn't push it. "Kirako?" 

"Dead. I can't look at her, Sesshomaru.." my voice trailed off as tears came to my eyes. 

     "I didn't know she's kill your sister." I whipped around with Tenseiga at the sound of his voice, but Sesshomaru was in front of me before I had a chance to react. 

"I'll rip you to shreds!" I growled out, but Sesshomaru was holding me back. 

"I can tell you where she's hiding." he added quickly. 

"Tell me where she is!" I managed to get past Sesshomaru and tackle him to the ground. I positioned Tenseiga just perfectly so with one push it would pierce his heart. "I swear I'll kill you Bankotsu!" 

"Always one with the fire, I see." he chuckled; easily shoving me off and rolling away. He managed to dodge Sesshomaru's attack as well, "I still don't like you, Lord Sesshomaru." 

"Where can I find Maya?" I pleaded; unable to make myself move again; tears were spilling over now. 

"Huh! Don't cry!" Bankotsu exclaimed. 

"What the hell do you expect me to do! My sisters dead!" I screamed, and everyone was pushed back slightly at the sudden surge of spiritual power that echoed from my body. 

"She's at Naraku's castle." Bankotsu said after a moment of staring at my tear streaked face. 

"Where's his castle?" Sesshomaru cut in.