Chapter 8

"Dammit!" I cursed as I was thrown backwards again. 

"It's the middle of the night! Shut up and get some sleep!" Renkotsu yelled from the cave, "Stupid girl." I heard him mumble when I growled. 

"Instead of wasting your time on the barrier, why don't you spare with me?" Bankotsu said; smiling down at me. The hair on the back of my neck stood up because I hadn't noticed him sooner, but  I made no sudden movements. 

"I won't waste my energy on an opponent as unworthy as you." I spit; getting to my feet, and looking him in the eyes. He was just slightly taller than me, but the look in his eyes could rival Sesshomaru's. 

I quickly blocked his punches, and jumped backwards. "Pathetic." 

"This is going to be fun." he smirked, and charged at me. 

        He was stronger than I expected, and he actually managed to make me bleed. 

"I guess I underestimated you." I panted as I dodged his halberd. 

"It would seem so." he chuckled; quickly adding another attack that managed to cut my thigh. 

"Doesn't matter. This fight is over." I ignored the burn in my thight, and advanced on him. I managed to knock his Banryu away, and now we were down to hand to hand combat. He was pretty good, and someone who didn't know us would think we were doing a well practiced dance. 

Our movements were fluid, and neither of us could managed a solid blow but I could feel it. The swirling of my demonic energy, and it's exactly what I was hoping for. As he flipped me over his shoulder, I planted my feet on a try and shoved off as hard as I could; covering myself in my magic at the same time. Like I was hoping, red and white mixed with it, and I had the extra momentum I didn't have last time when I slammed into the barrier this time. 

The scream echoed in the quiet night, and the pain was even worse. The crack appeared again, and I pushed even more magic out. Something warm trickled down my left cheek as my vision blurred blue.

        It wasn't until I saw the blue light floating around me that I realized what was happening. 

"Back away!" I screamed through the pain, and tried to cover my eye. 

"You'll never get the chance." the woman's voice pierced the air, and more power was forced into the barrier. More cracks formed all over, but they were fixed as quickly as they were made. 

My scream hit a different note, and I wasn't sure if anyone other than me could hear it anymore. The high pitch hurt my ears, but there wasn't much I could do as her magic poured into my body. Almost instantly the blue smoke disappeared, and I felt myself growing weaker. 

I didn't realize what was happening until it was too late. 

        I was thrown backwards, and I felt myself collide with something hard. 

"Lord Sesshomaru! What a joy to see you again!" I heard Bankotsu exlcaim. 

"Mizuko!" I heard Kirako cry out, and felt someone start checking my wounds. 

"She broke your barrier." Renkotsu scuffed. 

"I let it down to stop her from breaking it. All of the magic in it went straight to her." I could barely make out her voice over Sesshomaru's growling, and Jaken and Kirako's voices. 

"Deal with the enemy. I'm fine." I manged to cough out. 

"I'll take care of the stupid girl. You worry about fighting." Jaken grumbled, but stood in front of me with his staff ready.