Chapter 8

It's been a week since we met Bankotsu and Renkostu, and we haven't heard anything about Naraku. Aparent'y, he got pretty badly wounded when he abducted me and Rin. Kagome's spiritual arrow almost tore him completely apart, and now he's hiding away. 

"Stupid girl! Don't ignore Lord Sesshomaru!" Jaken yelled; pulling me out of my thoughts. 

"Huh?" I blinked as I looked around. 

"Are you okay, Mizuko?" Rin asked. 

"Yes. Sorry. Just thinking." I mumbled; stil not really listening. 

"Do you need anything? We're coming up on a village." Sesshomaru asked. 

"No. I'm fine." I replied, and then my stomach sounded like it was dying. "Uhh, maybe some food." I said with a blush. 

As we kept walking, a breeze pushed my bangs out from over my right eye. I quickly readjusted them over the scar, but they kept moving. 

The bruises I had when I first got here were gone now, so I no longer had bandages on my face, but I still had the scar across my eye. 

After a few minutes of trying ot get my bangs to stay, I growled in frustration. 

"What's wrong?" Sesshomar asked. 

"Nothing." I grumbled as I gave up. 

"Why do you hide your scar?" his question caught me off guard. Truth was, I didn't even know. 

"Just do." I shrugged. 

"Don't." was his simple reply. 

"So we meet again, Sesshomaru." I heard Bankostu say, and froze. 

"When we're done here, you'll explain how you know of theses guys." Sesshomaru said; unsheathing Tokijin. I gave a nod, and he step forward to face his opponent. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something catch light and head towards Rin. 

"Rin!" I yelled as I tackled her off of Ah-Un. I twisted my body so I was the one who hit the ground, and when I hit more pain ran up my spine then there should have been. Shifting to sit up, I felt the warm liquid. 

"It would seem my sword caught you back. I can't believe you would risk your own safety to protect a little girl." a guy, I think it was a guy, said as he walked from the tree line. 

"Hey! You're not suppose to kill her, Jakotsu!" Bankotsu sad with a laugh. 

"I didn't expect her to save the girl." Jakotsu shrugged. 

"So, are you back from the dead?" I asked. 

"Yes. How did you know?" Jakotsu narrowed his eyes at me, and I merely smirked. 

"Sesshomaru! You have to remove their jewel shard to kill them!" I called. 

"Where are the shards?" Sesshomaru asked, but narrowed his eyes at me. 

"Stupid wench! How did you know that?" Jakotsu exclaimed. 

"I have a fair amount of knowledge about you." I shrugged. "Like that trick sword of yours. When you swing, it releases very thin, but sharp, blades. Making it able to reach from a distance. Bankostu's jewel shard is in his neck, and in his halberd, but that one isn't important." 

"Can you see them?" Bankotsu asked; obviously intriqued now. 

"Yes." I lied. 

"I see why Naraku wants one of us to make you their wife." he laughed. "You can see the shards, and it would just make Sesshomaru angry."