Chapter 5

"Stupid girl!" Jaken yelled at me. 

"I didn't do anything, toad!" I snapped, and managed to not flinch this time. 

        It's only been two days since Naraku took Rin, but I'm starting to get use to Jaken's annoying ways. He's stopped trying ot hit me with his staff, but that's only because Rin gets in the way and he ends up hitting her. Which means Sesshomaru hits him even harder. 

"You refuse new clothes! That makes you stupid!" Jaken exclaimed. 

"I don't need them." I mumbled.

"Your clothes are obviously small, and complete torn up!" Jaken was fuming, but I didn't want Sesshomaru to waste his money on me. 

"Buy your own clothes, or I will buy them for you. I will not travel with someone who dresses worse than a slave." Sesshomaru said; throwing a pouch at me. I caught it, and realized it was gold coins. 

"Fine." I finally gave. I really didn't want Sesshomaru buying me clothes. 

"Buy a sword while you are there." he said as I turned around. I gave him a nod, but nothing more. 

"Stupid girl! She should you more respect! I don't see how you tolerate her!" I heard Jaken complained. 

"I do not have to tolerate her. She does not annoy me." I smiled as Sesshomaru said that. 

At least I'm not a burden. I thought. 

        I bought a simple outfit. It was a dark purple kimono that went to just about my knees, and had a pale gree tie around the waist. (picture to the side, but ignore the red wrap lol)

"Now to get a sword." I thought out loud. 

"I have a perfect sword for you miss!" a man yeled from the doorway of some shop. 

"You do?" I asked; walking up to him. 

"Yes. It's a sturdy sword, but small enough you could use without difficulty." he smiled at me, and motioned for me to follow him. 

That's good. The one I used last time was over half my height. I thought. 

"Here you go." he smiled as he handed me a simple sword. It had a navy blue handle, with a matching sheath. The only thing about that it that stood out, was the spiky hand block were the blade met the handle. It was the same icy blue as my eyes, and I couldn't help but smile. 

"It's perfect." I smiled at him as I held it up. "The size is great. How much?" I asked.

        "Have a nice day!" he called as I left. 

"You too." I mumbled back as I slid it into the green tie on my waist. 

"A lady like you shouldn't be weilding a sword." a man, obviously a warrior, said. 

"What's that suppose to me?" I asked; ofended by the accusation. 

"I merely mean that a woman of your beauty should be protected." he chuckled. 

"I'm tired of being protected. I don't want to be a burden anymore." i replied; narrowing my eyes at him.

Sesshomaru had to save me from Naraku's demons, and then he still had to bring me back to life. I thought. 

"If you were my wife, then I wouldn't consider you a burden." he smiled at me. 

Wait! What?! I thought; my eyes widening.