Chapter 16

I woke up the next morning sore and weak.

I had told Sesshomaru that I knew the vision Naraku had given me wasn't true, but it was hard to believe. It felt real, and even now I could feel the after effects of it, but I just kept telling myself it wasn't true. I remembered everything about the vision, and that was enough to prove it wasn't real. I remembered everything too vividly. 

"What did you mean by your mother told you it wasn't real?" Sesshomaru's voice caused me to jump. I realized then that I was still laying between his legs, and Rin and Jaken were still asleep on my back. Ah-Un even had his heads resting on Sesshomaru's leg. 

"This is an odd sight. I've never seen everyone this close before." I sweatdropped at the sight, but I also became uncomfortable. I was never one for enjoying another person touch. I started to squirm until Rin and Jaken shifted in their sleep enough for me to get up. 

I quickly removed myself from the situation, and Sesshomaru followed. Ah-Un was disturbed by Sesshomaru's movement, and came over to me. I giggled as he licked both my cheeks. 

"I'm okay." I whispered to him, but my voice was shakey.

i sighed, and walked towards the river I smelled. I knew once Rin and Jaken woke that it wouldn't be silent anymore, and I wanted to enjoy it while it lasted. Sesshomaru started to follow me, but I knew he wouldn't talk much so I said nothing of it. Instead, I let my thoughts drift. A huge mistake in my case. My mind drifted to the months I spent being tortured by Naraku, and the even more disturbing events that took place just yesterday. 

        I sat down by the river, and pulled my knees to my chest. I hadn't realized it, but I was trembling from all the images running through my mind. It didn't take long for Sesshomaru to notice either. 

"I won't let Naraku get to you again." he growled. I gave him a nod, but I didn't trust my voice. I didn't trust anyting about me. I was on ther verge of tears, and also biting someones head off. I was starved, and I was sure most of my bones were broken. Being a demon, I would heal easier than when I was human, but right now I was nothing but weak. "You act as if you don't believe me." 

"It's not that." I whispered, but said nothing more to argue my case. I could feel his golden eyes on me, but I didn't look at him. 

"When everyone is awake, then we'll go see that healer again." Sesshomaru finally said. I nodded a little, but rested my chin on my knees without a word. 

It's sad Sesshomaru is speaking more than I am. I thought with a sigh. 

"What did you mean about your mother last night?" Sesshomaru asked, and I figure I had kept it a secret long enough. 

"After the vision ended she came to me, and warned me about a few things. Nothing for you to concern yourself with, but she also told me that Naraku hadn't really touched me. That you had saved me just in time, and Naraku countered with that vision." I explained; my voice cracking ever so often from the over use. I heard Rin's voice, and I took the chance to dodge more questions.

"They're up. We should head back." I whispered as I stood. He gave a slight nod, and we walked back in silence. Silence that was gone when we finally returned. 

"Mizuko!" Rin yelled, and tackled me in a hug. I gave a weak smile, and patted her back a little. 

"Stupid girl! You worried us!" I flinched at Jaken's loud voice, but gave him a weak smile as well. 

"We're leaving." Sesshomaru's stern voice said, and I jumped. 

Rin got on Ah-Un, and motioned for me to join her.