Chapter 6

Sesshomaru didn't hesitate to restart my training. Much like when I first became one, I have no control over my demons powers. They turn on and off as they please, and mostly at the most inconvient times. 

        "You're reflexes were better before you got your powers back!" Jaken exlcaimed as I clumsily dodged Sesshomaru's attacks. 

"Shut up, toad! I'm trying to focus!" I snapped back. 

"I'm an imp, stupid ingrate!" he swung his staff around. 

"Shut- AH!" I exclaimed as Sesshomaru's nails ripped across my stomach. 

"Pay attention. It could be the difference between life and death." Sesshomaru said, then was gone. 

"That dog is such a pain." Kirako grumbled as she walked towards me. 

"Lord Sesshomaru is trying to make her battle ready! He can't help that Mizuko is more uncoordinated than a human!" Jaken exclaimed in his defense. 

"My sister just got her memory back, and that mutt is taking every chance he gets to wound her!" Kirako yelled back. 

"Would you two just stop fighting! Gosh you're worse and Inuyasha and Sesshomaru!" I snapped; pushing myself to stand. 

"Hey! What's that suppose to mean!?" Inuyasha pushed off the wall he was leaning against, and grabbed the hilt of Tensaiga. 

"Nothing." I sighed, then a thought crossed my mind, "Hey, do you think I could travel with you guys to find Naraku?" 

"You wanna travel with us?" Inuyasha narrowed his eyes at me. 

"Not like Sesshomaru is going any time soon." I rolled my eyes. 

"You wil not be travelling with the likes of Inuyasha." Sesshomaru grolwed, and everyone but Inuyasha jumped. 

"What's that supposed to mean, Sesshomaru? Don't think I could protect her?" Inuyasha barked. 

"I know you can't, and you could not control her." Sesshomaru said coldly as he appeared in front of me. 

I didn't bother to stick around and listen to their arguing. Instead, I wandered south. 

        I sighed as I came across the wall Sesshomaru had around his castle. 

        "No way in." I was startled by Miroku's voice, but contained it well. 

"And no way out." I added. "You're windtunnel is gone, so how is it Naraku survived?" 

"I couldn't tell you, but there's always a reason for how things turn out. You just have to survive long enough to learn that reason." he said as he joined me in staring at the wall. 

"I've been trapped for the last century, and I don't think I can handle it any longer." I said as a plan started to form in my mind. "Hell, I've been trapped my entire life." 

"Then be free. You've earned that privilege." Miroku chuckled. 

"You're right." yellow flames formed at my feet, and Miroku gasped. 

"What are you doing?" he asked. 

"Being free." I started to fly, but he grabbed my wrist. 

"I said be free, not stupid. It's dangerous out there alone." he said quickly. 

"Release me, monk." my voice shifted to it's old cold tone, and he immediately let me go. "Tell Sesshomaru I'll be back."