Chapter 24

"He killed our mother? Why would he kill his own wife?" I questioned; slapping Kirako's hand so she would release my chin. 

"Well, you see, that's actually were you come in. Mom was furious when he took you, and then he came back withouther precious half-blood. She demanded he tell her where you were, but he refused. She was so angry that she attacked him, but, as you are aware, anger weakens our power. Mom died because of you. Now, how about you help set things right?" pain filled her eyes, but I couldn't find the hatred that filled her voice. 

"Why do you need my help? You're obviously a lot stronger than I am." I countered. 

"You're correct, but our father isn't one to die so easily. Mother was stronger than me, even when mad, and she still died fighting him. Together, we could defeat him. I can tell by the yellow color of your magic that you're still a virgin, and a virgin witch can do spells that others can't." Kirako explained, and I blushed at the virgin part. "I have already mated, so only you can use such spells." 

"Fine. I'll help." I sighed. 

"Mizuko." Sesshomaru's voice had a warning tone to it. 

"What? I can't just ignore that he killed our mother. If teaming up with Kirako is the only way, then I'll do it. Him being dead is the only way that I can move on. As long as he's alive, I will always worry about him coming back." I said; turning to face him. 

"Very well." he finally said, then lifted his head to face Kirako, "You will travel with us, and if you make one wrong move I will kill you." 

"If I don't first." I said; turning my head to the side, and looking at her from the corner of my eye. 

"I would love to see you both try, but I have no intentions of causing you any trouble." she rolled her eyes at us. 

"Where is he?" I demanded; turning my back to Sesshomaru, and fixing her with a hard glare. 

"Cute look, and that I don't even know." she shrugged, and I started to say something, but she stopped me, "But he does find me randomly. I told him that I would somehow get you to trust me, and allow me to travel with you, then he could make his move. Meaning he will come for us, and that's when we kill him." 

"So, for all we kow, this could be you tricking us?" I narrowed my eyes at her. 

"Would I have just told you that if that was the case? Plus, I plan on training you. With your demonic power you have the ability to become far stronger than me. I will train you in magic, but it will be up to the dog to train the demon in you. 

"I didn't say I need your help." I narrowed my eyes at her. 

"Only a witch can teach a witch." Kirako shrugged. 

"Fine, but can I talk with you privatly?" I gave her a hard look, but I needed to know a few things. 

"Why?" she asked. 

"Because I have some personal questions." I decided honesty was my best option. 

"Fine." Kirako finally said. 

"Mizuko." Sesshomaru's voice had a warning tone in it, but I just turned around and gave him a nod. I knew he would follow, and I didn't really care if he knew what I had to ask. He narrowed his eyes at me, but didn't try to keep me from going. 

        "Okay. This is far enough." Kirako said; obviously nervous. 

"Why so nervous? You're usually over confident." I smirked. 

"You really think I didn't notice the dog following? You might as well come on out." Kirako aimed the last part at Sesshomaru. 

"Don't worry about him. I really do just want to ask you questions." I assured her as Sesshomaru appeared by my side. 

"Then ask. I'll answer as best I can." she replied; relaxing a little. 

"First one, how long have you been following me?" I asked. 

"Since you returned to this world." she shrugged. 

"Why were you working with Naraku?" 

"Because he was a strong pawn." 

"How long have you been in contact with our father?" 

"Since I found out he was the one who killed our mom." I was hesistant to ask the next question, but finally did. 

"What did you learn when you had the mind control poison in me?" I felt Sesshomaru's eyes on me, but I kept mine on Kirako. 

"Everything. I know everything there is about you." she shrugged, and I turned away from her. 

"You obviously don't know everything." I muttered. 

"What do you mean?" she asked. 

"I lived in a hell hole of a orphanage, and they put me through hell. I'm not as pure as you seem to think." I replied; a single tear rolling down my cheek. 

"You really should have thanked the demon in the lake. He gave you a fresh start." I whipped around to see her smiling. 

"What?" I whispered. 

"He'd been waiting for you. You are my little sister after all, and I needed you pure." she shrugged. 

"What are you trying to say?" I narrowed my eyes at her. 

"I'm saying I made a deal with him. I'm not even that cruel." she rolled her eyes. 

"Says the person who gave Naraku the idea of it." I muttered. 

"And I brought Sesshomaru back just in time." she countered. 

"Well, anyways, thank you...I guess." I mumbled, and turned away from her again. 

"You really shouldn't thank me yet." she sighed. 

"Why?" I narrowed my eyes as I turned to face her again. 

"I might have made a stupid mistake." she sighed. 

"Mistake?" Sesshomaru was the one to speak this time. 

"I needed her pure, and I made sure she would stay that way. If she goes try anything with you, then the memory of the vision Naraku gave her will return, and she won't be able to believe it's fake. It's a curse, one that I can't take away, but it can be broken." Kirako explained, and for the first time I saw regret in her eyes. 

"How?" I asked. 

"Killing our father. Once he's dead I didn't care you did." she answered. 

"Why are you telling me this?" I was curious. 

"Because, no matter what I do to you, you never look at me with hate in your eyes. I see distrust, and dislike, but I've never seen hate." Kirako replied; looking me dead in the eyes. 

"Then we'll kill father. Simple as that." I shrugged; giving her a slight smile. 

"Yes. We will." she replied; smiling back at me. 

"We should start our travels. It's a 5 week trip to my castle from here." Sesshomaru's voice did not sound happy, but I couldn't figure out why. 

It's probably because Kirako is going to be traveling with us. I thought as we walked. That's gotta be it. There's no other reason.