Chapter 2

After about an hour with them, I knew more than enough. Jaken was annoying, Rin was sweet but talked too much, and Sesshomaru was quiet. 

After I finished 3 fish, I went and sat against a tree a few down from Sesshomaru. I didn't wish to talk anymore, and I knew he wouldn't say anything. I leaned back, and closed my eyes. I was just starting to relax a little when my stomach made the sound of a dying whale. 

"If you're hungry, then you must fend for yourself." Sesshomaru grumbled when the noise died down. 

"I'm fine." I mumbled; not wanting to get in the lake agian. I pulled my knees to my chest, and wrapped my arms around them. My stomach cried again, but I ignored it. 

"Why don't you catch some more fish, stupid girl." Jaken yelled. 

"I'm not hungry." I lied; looking at the ground. I caught Sesshomaru look at me, but I didn't dare shift my gaze. I learned that he was a fiece dog demon, and I wasn't interested on getting on his bad side. 

I rolled my eyes, and pulled my knees closer to me, when my stomach growled again. 

"You really should eat more." Rin smiled at me. 

"I'm good." I mumbled. 

"You're obviously hungry, you stupid human! Get something to eat, so your stomach will shut up!" the toad yelled, and I flinched. 

"I'm scared of getting back in that stupid lake, okay!" I snapped. 

A flash of green caught my eye, but I jumped as a fish landed in front of me. 

"Eat." was the only thing Sesshomaru said. 

"Thanks." I mumbled. 

"Hn." he closed his eyes again, but I could tell he wasn't asleep. 

        After I ate the fish, I stood and started to leave. 

"Where are you going?" Rin asked. 

"Don't know." I shrugged, and kept walking. 

"You really shouldn't go out there alone!" Rin called. 

"Why not?" I asked. 

"Demons are out there, and not all of them are as nice as Lord Sesshomaru." she explained. 

"I'll be fine." I lied, but smiled at her anyways. I turned around to leave, but slammed my head into something. "Ow!" I said as I fell on my butt. 

"There's a village in that direction, and I don't sense any demons in the path." he said, then walked back to his tree. 

"What? Couldn't tell me that while sitting? Had to make me run into you armor?" I asked; earning a growl from him. 

"UNGRATEFUL HUMAN! SHOW LORD SESSHOMARU MORE RESPECT!" Jaken yelled, and hit my in the head with his staff. 

My eyes went wide, and  my breath caught in my chest. Images of the all the beatings I had flooded my vision, and soon I was hypervilating.

"Lord Sesshomaru! Is she okay!" I could hear Rin in front of me, but I couldn't see her. 

Everything stopped when I felt the little girls arms wrap around me in a hug. 

"Are you okay? Please be okay!" I felt the girls tears on my shoulder, and I hugged her back. 

"What was that, stupid human?" Jaken yelled, and I couldn't hide my flinch. 

"Jaken." Sesshomaru growled. 

"I'm sorry, M'Lord." Jaken cringed. 

"I was abused too. I know what it's like." Rin said; looking me in the eyes.