Chapter 20

"I don't like you." I blinked my eyes a few times. I had just woken up, and Sesshomaru's mother was already saying she didn't like me. 

This is going to be a long day. I thought with a sigh. 

"You should know the little human girl died the other day." her words made me snap my head in her direction. 

"What?" I demanded. 

"You're a cold hearted one, aren't you?" she chuckled. "Hardly showing any emotion over the girl. Much like Sesshomaru, and yet the green creature told me Sesshomaru was deeply sad about it." 

I'm sure he is. I thought, and frowned. 

"Don't fret. I brought her back." she rolled her eyes. 

"Good." was all I could think of to say.

"Hm. Even Sesshomaru showed more emotion than you. Maybe I misjudged you. I might even end up liking you." she smiled, and then the door to the room opened. 

"Mother, leave my mate alone." Sesshomaru sighed. 

"I thought I saw your mark on her shoulder." she chuckled, but left without another word. 

"How are you?" Sesshomaru asked, and I shrugged. 

"I'm fine." I mumbled as I thought about what happened. 

"It was Kirako." he explained, and I gave him a nod of understanding. I wasn't in the mood to talk, and he quickly picked up on that. I watched him leave, but I made no move to make him stay. 

        "He was right. This stone really is capable of hiding my scent and aurora." I jumped at the sound of Kirako's voice. 

"What are you doing here?!" I snapped; jumping off the bed, and landing in a crouching position. 

"Quiet, or dog breath will come back." she narrowed her eyes at me. 

"SESS-" Kirako cut off my scream, but I knew that it would be enough. 

"Stupid wench! What the hell did I sa-" she was cut off as Sesshomaru appeared behind her. With her distracted, I took my chance. 

I felt the warmth that meant my hands were yellow, and I slammed them into her chest. 

"I'll kill you!" she growled, and her hands turned purple. I could see smoke rising from where I hit her, but she acted like it hadn't fazed her. I barely managed to rollo out of the way before her purple flames could hit me. "Dammit!" I heard her growl as she looked to be fighting against herself. 

"Wait! Sesshomaru don't!" I yelled, and jumped between them just in time. A burning pain covered my back, and I flew against Sesshomaru. The impact I made with his body knocked the air from my lungs, and caused him to slide backwards. 

"You idiot!" I heard Kirako's panicked voice yelled. 

"Stay back." Sesshomaru warned, but I couldn't say anything. I was too bust trying to breathe properly. 

"How about you take a seat." Kirako growled, and I felt Sesshomaru's warmth leave my side. I looked in his direction, and saw him pinned against the wall. 

"Don't touch me!" I threw my hand in her direction as she came close, and a bright light burst from my palm. 

"This isn't over!" I heard her yell. I jumped as someone touched my shoulder, but quickly realized it was Sesshomaru. 

"AH!" I screamed as I forced air to enter my lungs. The sudden expansion shot pain throughout my body, and I heard the snap of a rib. 

"Why did you get in the middle of us?" he demnaded when my breathing was calm.