Chapter 19

"Slow down, Sesshomaru!" I yelled as I chased after him, and the scent of one of his incarnations. 

It's been a little over a week since I saved Kagura, and so far Naraku had managed to reabsorb his heart. 

"Kohaku!" I gasped as I followed Sesshomaru into a small clearing. Kohaku had snakes wrapped all around him, and he was unconscious. 

"Maybe next time you'll be so kind as to announce yourself, Lord Sesshomaru." the new incarnation said, and I realized that I zones out while staring at the boy. I quickly fell to my knees beside him. My hands started to glow yellow, and I reached for his back. 

"The snakes are poisonous. Don't touch him." I ignored his warning, but as my hand touched him all the snakes started to jump off. 

"Lord Sesshomaru? What if you've already been bit?" Rin asked. 

"Please help me, Lord Sesshomaru?! This beast won't let go!" Jaken exclaimed; standing completely still. I was gone with Kohaku, so I sighed and raised my hand towards him. The snake jumped from him, and latched onto my shoulder. I growled, but finished getting the miasma out of Jaken's system before bothering with myself. 

Of course by the time I was gone with Jaken, the poison had already spread through my body and I didn't have the energy anymore. 

"Forgive me, Sesshomaru." I mumbled as I fell forward. I managed to catch myself, but then my arms gave out. 

"Mizuko!" Rin exclaimed, and propped me up by my shoulders. 

"I'm fine." I whispered. 

"Jaken, you and Rin take the boy. I'll deal with her." Sesshomaru ordered as he took Rin's place at holding me up. 

"I said I was fine." I mumbled against his shoulder. The minute he moved his hand I had fallen forward. 

"Just sit still." he sighed, and I felt him bite into my shoulder. I let out a gasp, but not because it hurt. 

"What are you doing?" I whimpered. He removed his fangs from my skin, and spit out a mouth full of blood. 

"Getting the poisoned blood out." he said, and his teeth sank into my shoulder again. He repeated this process for about 5 minutes. "I don't taste anymore miasma in you blood. You'll be fine." he said as he wiped my blood from his lips. 

He grabbed my chin and told me not to be so reckless, but I was too lost in the gold of his eyes to really be listening to his scolding. His brow furrowed when he noticed my dazed look, and I was shocked when he bit my shoulder again. 

"What was that for?" I asked, "I thought you said you got all the poison out?" 

"You still looked daze." he replied when he pulled back; his eyebrows still knitted together. 

"I'm allowed to look dazed sometimes." I mumbled, and looked away from him. 

My eyes snapped back in his direction when his arm wrapped around my waist, and he pulled me to him. I didn't have time to question anything before our lips met. 

My first kiss is with....Sesshomaru?!!? I thought as my eyes widened. 

After the panic passed, I closed my eyes and kissed him back. The mark on my left shoulder tingled, and a small whimper escaped my lips. 

"Hm!" I mumbled against his lips as realiztion set in on what was happening. I pushed him away, and fell on my butt. With heavy breathing, I looked up at him with wide panicked eyes. "What was that?!"

"Am I not allowed to kiss my mate?" he narrowed his eyes at me. 

"No without some warning!" I exclaimed; my chest hurting from how fast my heart was beating, and my cheeks burning.