Chapter 3

(Sesshomaru POV)

        "What's wrong with her? Will she be okay?" Rin asked. 

"This poor child." the woman gasped while shaking her head, "Everyone please leave the room. She is suffering from multiple organ failure, broken bones, broken bones the didn't heal properly, and starvation. I will treat her, but it will take some time. There are mats, blankets, and pillows in the closet. Please make yourselves comfortable."

"I'll be fine." the girl muttered. 

"Please, child, don't leave this hut yet." the woman begged. Mizuko mumbled under her breath, but laid back down. 

"We'll be in the next room." Rin smiled. 

"Demon," she called after me as the others left the room. 

"Hm?" I barely turned my head. 

"You are going to need to hold her down for me." the woman's face was pained. 

"Why?"  I asked. 

"Because this is going to be painful." the woman answered. 

"Hn." I walked over, and grabbed both her hands. I pinned them above her head with my one hand, and she didn't struggle. 

"I'm sorry." the woman mumbled, then placed her hands on the girls chest. 

"AAHHH-" she cut her scream off pain off by biting her lip. I narrowed my eyes as she started to draw blood. 

I could tell she was in pain, and yet, she didn't move nor did she make a sound. Soon, her body went limp. 

"Poor child. I've only started making any progress, and the pain was so bad that she passed out. I don't know what she went through, but I've never seen such sever wounds. I've treated war victims, and she beats everything I've seen." the healer shook her head in disgust, and an overwhelming anger filled my veins. 

Hearing that she made war victims look lucky made me want to kill whoever hurt her. I didn't care for her, but even I knew no one deserved that. Not even Inuyasha. I growled at the thought, but knew it was true. 

        "What is she to you?" the woman asked after a few hours.

"Nothing." I replied honestly. 

"Obviously, she is something. Why would you bring her here if she wasn't?" the woman asked, and I growled. 

"I brought her for the girl I travel with. Nothing more." I narrowed my eyes at the healer, but my eyes snapped down as the girl whimpered.

"There seems to be no end to her injuries." the woman muttered; sweat dripping down her face. 

"We do not have forever. Heal the worst, and her body can heal the rest." I said. 

"She's unconscious, so you are free to leave." the woman snapped at me. 

"Hn." I didn't bother to stay. 

(Mizuko POV)

        Pain. It's all I felt, but it was nothing compared to what I dealt with at the orphan edge. It helped to know that this pain was actually healing me. 

It felt like forever, but finally the pain stopped. I slowly opened my eyes to see the woman leaving the room. I felt better, so I decided to follow her. 

Maybe I can sneak out without anyone noticing me. I thought. A thought that quickly vanished. 

As I opened the door, Rin's arms wrapped around my hips, and all eyes were on me. I shifted awkwardly in the girls hold, but didn't dare remove her. I looked up, and my eyes locked with Sesshomaru's. We both narrowed our eyes, and a glaring match started. It took everything in me not to flinch.