Chapter 10

(Unknown POV)

        I watched as the girl sat by the river. She looked human, but I knew better. I knew she was a demon. She was also quiet, but I knew just how deadly she had become. Dog Demons were known for their strength, but this girl was proving to be just as strong as Lord Sesshomaru. 

I still knew her weakness. I saw it when I looked into her eyes. No matter strong she got, her weakness stayed the same. 

A weakness I had full intentions on exploiting. 

"Are you ready, sir?" my servent asked. 

"Not just yet. I'm enjoying watching this one. She's not of this world, and she could prove useful in destroying that half-demon, Naraku. Let's just observe a while longer." I replied.

I could afford to wait. She snuck off every few days. Always to the same place. I was unable to follow the whole way because of a sacred barrier, but I could get her somewhere in between.

I didn't hesistate to follow as the group started to walk again. 

(Mizuko POV)

        For the past week I had been sneaking off to check on Kikyo. She's not doing any better, but I can't get near her with all the spiritual energy in the water. 

"Are you listening to me, stupid girl!" Jaken yelled. 

"Maybe if you used my name I'd listen to you." I sighed. 

"Hmph!" he scuffed, and I just rolled my eyes. 

"Mizuko?" Rin asked. 

"Yes?" I raised an eyebrow at her. 

"Why don't you talk a lot?" she asked. 

"Just don't, I guess." I shrugged. 

"Her not talking is the only reason Lord Sesshomaru hasn't killed her yet!" Jaken exclaimed. I ignored him, and kept looking at my reflection in the river. 

The hair on the back of my neck stood up, and my eyes shot to the side. 

So they're back, huh? I thought as I felt like I was being watched. I lifted my head, and looked over at Sesshomaru. Without even openeing his eyes, he gave me a nod. 

"We're leaving." Sesshomaru said as he stood. 

"Yes, my lord!" Rin cheered, and got on Ah-Un. Jaken took his spot next to Ah-Un, and I took mine next to Sesshomaru. 

"Stupid girl, why don't you get on Ah-Un for once?" Jaken complained. 

"It's quieter up here." I replied without looking at him, then I whispered to Sesshomaru, "They're back, aren't they?" 

"Yes." was his only response. 

A chill went up my spine, and I whipped around just in time. I grabbed the arrow that was heading towards Rin inches before it hit her. I growled, and squeezed. The arrow snapped in half, and I felt the control slipping again. 

"Rin, Jaken," I said through a growl, "Get out of here." They understood what was happening, and fled without a word. 

"Mizuko." Sesshomaru's cold voice rang in my ears. I shut my eyes as I struggled for restraint, but I wasn't having much luck. 

My growling became more vicious as my fangs and claws grew. 

"Mizuko!" Sesshomaru snapped, but it had not effect. 

My eyes snapped open, and I knew they were crimson. They drifted over to Sesshomaru, and a smirk crossed my face. There was a flash of light, and I was in my dog form. Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes, and transformed as well.