Chapter 9

(Mizuko POV)

        I didn't open my eys when I woke up. I kept my breathing steady, and my heart beat normal. 

I have to get out of here. Was the only thought that would form. I knew I was laying on a cold hard ground, but I didn't know where. I couldn't feel any light, so maybe underground. 

"You can stop trying to act like you're asleep. I know you're awake." a male voice chuckled. "I'm Naraku. We haven't had the pleasure of meeting." 

Naraku! A growl rumbled in my chest, and I heard him chuckle again. 

"I was a little late at getting you, so now you're a dog demon. Oh well! You have Lord Sesshomaru's blood running through your veins, so I will just absorb you. In due time. Right now, I would love for you to work with me." Naraku's voice was rough, and it irritated her newly sensitive ears. 

"I won't help you." I growled; biting my lip with my new fangs, but I didn't pay  much attention to it. 

"You will in the end, but right now I have a different question." he said, but I didn't answer. "How do you know so much about the Band of Seven?" he asked afer a moment. of silence. 

"That is none of your concern." I snapped. 

"But it is. I'm very curious about you. I know you're from Kagome's time, but not even Kagome knew who the Band of Seven were." he replied, and I could tell where he was. 

There! I was off the ground, and my hand through his chest in a second. 

"Wretch!" Naraku cursed. 

"A new found ability." I smirked. I ripped my hand from him chest, and pulled out the wooden doll that controlled the puppet. 

"I'm curious to know how you know so much about everything in this world. Tell me, are you a reincarnation of someone?" his voice echoed through the room. 

"It's a secret. Not even Sesshomaru knows how." I shrugged. 

"Why is it you don't call him Lord Sesshomaru like the rest?" Naraku asked; catching me off guard. 

"Don't have to." I narrowed my eyes. 

"Tell me-" 

"I'm done talking to you. Leave." I snapped. 

"Lord Sesshomaru is not here. Do not think I'm above striking you." I could hear the irritation in his voice. 

"Go ahead. Let's see what you got." I smirked. 

He can't possible beat my father. I thought. 

"You're free to try and escape. I'm curious to see how far you'll get. You might even make it to the barrier, but you won't pass it. No demon can." Naraku chuckled, and a door cracked. 

I cursed as I charged into the bright light, but my eyes adjusted quickly. 

I kill every demon that tried to stop me with my bare hands, and then Kagura showed up. 

"Pitiful." I growled, and cut her feather in half. She fell, and could no longer keep up with my speed. 

Suddenly, I was thrown back. 

"The hell!" I cursed. 

"You cannot pass through Naraku's barrier." an unfamiliar voice floated by my ears. 

"Who's there?" I asked. 

"I am Monk Hakushin." the monk's voice passed my ears again. 

"I see. So I'm on Mount Hakurei?" I questioned.