Chapter 4

"Take Rin, and get out of here." I didn't question him. I quickly went over to the fire, and woke Rin. 

"What is it?" she asked; rubbing sleep from her eyes. 

"You need to come with me. You too, Jaken." I said; waking Jaken as well. 

"What is it, stupid girl?" I held back a flinch. 

"Naraku is coming." I said, and he immediatly jumped into action. 

"Get on Ah-Un, both of you." he ordered. We listened, and once he was on the two-headed dragon took off. I looked back to see a person in a baboon outfit standing in front of Sesshomaru. 

        "Kagura!" Jaken exclaimed once we were out of sight from Sesshomaru. 

"Who's she?" I asked. 

"One of Naraku's incarnations." Jaken explained. He got in front of Rin and I, and held his staff up. 

"Stupid little imp." wind almost knocked Jaken off, but I caught him. I set him behind me, and wind started to surround Rin. 

"Rin!" I yelled; wrapping my arms around her waist. 

"I'll just take you both then." the woman laughed, and we weren't on Ah-Un anymore.

"Rin! Stupid girl!" Jaken yelled after us. 

"Really?!" I yelled before we were gone. 

        "These are growing annoying." I  muttered as the memory faded. 

"Yes they are." Sesshomaru growled.

"Why must we all suffer through you regaining your memory?" Jaken mumbled as he rubbed his head. "Stupid human." 

"Is that all you will ever call me?" I asked in a cold voice. 

"That's all you are." he shrugged. 

"Jaken." Sesshomaru warned. 

"From what I'm remembering, he's right." I shrugged. "But that pathetic version of me is long gone. I don't have petty human emotions clouding my judgement anymore." 

"That's what made you human, stupid." Inuyasha's voice was a surprise, but I barely made any move to show I noticed him. Sesshomaru, on the other hand, immediatly got into a fighting stance.

"Heel boy."  the back of my hand touched his armor, and, for now, he stood still, "Being human is overrated." 

"Mizuko," Kagome trailed off. 

"I don't identify as such a weak being anymore." I scuffed. "I am a witch, and nothing more." 

"Now you claim to be my sister." I turned my head slightly to see Kirako standing against a tree. 

"I didn't acknowlegde you as my sister." I replied coldly. 

"But Mizuko, Kirako is your sister." Rin tilted her head to the side as she spoke. 

"Very well." I shrugged, and walked away. 

        I knew he was there before he spoke. "Mizuko." 

"Do you need something?" I asked as he came to stand next to me. 

"Rin seems to have an effect on you." he stated without looking at me. 

"It would seem I use to care for her." I complied. 

"Use to?" he raised an eyebrow at me. 

"I don't care for anything." I replied truthfully. I knew Rin was supposed to mean something to me, but I couldn't find the emotions that went with such a thought.