Chapter 4

I slowly opened my eyes. 

I'm in a cabin? I thought as I looked around. Finally, they landed on an unconscious Rin. I shot from where I was, and ran over to her. 

"Rin?" I whispered. 

"She's fine." a voice from behind me made my blood go cold. 

"Who are you?" I asked; turning to face a boy who couldn't be older than 12. 

"Mizuko?" Rin's voice drew my attention away from the boy. 

"Are you alright?" I asked her. 

"I'm fine." she gave me a weak smile. "Who are you?" she asked, but the boy stayed quiet. 

"You can't go out there!" the boy exclaimed as Rin got up, and headed for the door. 

"Rin!" I yelled; slamming the door shut. As she opened it, demons came flying towards her. 

"What's your name?" Rin asked as she sat down next to the boy. 

"Kohaku." he replied. 

"Are you being held captive here too?" she asked. 

"No. I'm guarding you two." he replied, and my eyes fell on the weapon in front of him. 

I need to get Rin out of here, but how? I thought. 

"Oh." Rin sounded disappointed at his answer. 

"Is it under Naraku's orders?" I asked. 

"Yes." Kohaku replied. 

"Let Rin go, and I'll stay as your hostage." I demanded. 

"Mizuko!" Rin exclaimed. 

"Quiet Rin." I said. 

"Even if I wanted to, I can't." Kohaku looked sad as he said that. 

"I see." I said, and a plan started to form. 

        It took about 2o minutes, but Kohaku finally turned his back to me. I clasped my hands together, then hit Kohaku in the back of the neck. He fell to the ground unconscious, but I knew it wouldn't last long

"Rin, listen closely. I'm going to distract those demons, and once I have their attention I want you to run out the back. Don't look back. Find shelter if you can't find Sesshomaru. Do you understand?" I was talking quick. 

"Mizuko! I can't just leave you!" she exclaimed. 

"Yes you can. Go!" I yelled, and ran outside. I closed the door behind me, and took off into the woods. It didn't take long for every last demon chase me. 

This isn't going to end well. I thought as I ran, but, for the first time in years, smiled. At least Rin will be safe.

        I was growing tired, but I didn't stop running. Not even when a demon wounded me. Their wounds were nothing. I hardly felt them, even though I knew they were serious. 

"Err!" I growled as one bit my side. I fell to the ground, but landed next to another dead body. 

My eyes widened, but then I noticed the sword at the man's side. I grabbed it, and killed the demon that had latched onto my side. More were coming, but I was off the ground and running before they could reach me. 

Still holding the sword, I made my way into a clearing. 

I can't run anymore. I stopped, and turned to face them. I guess I'll just have to fight, and hope for the best