Chapter 12

(Mizuko POV)

        "You've always been such a worthless child!" my father yelled as he kicked me in the ribs. 

"Stop!" I cried, but he didn't. He kept beating me. 

"Worthless little brat! I am your father, and you will respect me as such!" he growled as he picked me up by the hair. 

"No!" it was the first time I had ever spoken such a word, and I lived to regret it. 

"How dare you!" he growled. He threw me against the wall, and left the room.

I thought it was finally over, until he came back into the room with a knife. 

        "STOP!" tears were falling down my face when I fianlly shot off the ground. 

"What's wrong?" I barely heard the words over my beating heart, but I screamed when a hand touched my cheek. 

"Mizuko!" I heard Rin scream my name, but my vision was still filled with the wretched dream. I shoved whoever was in front of me away, and ran blindly. 

"Stupid girl! Get back here!" I dind't stop. I couldn't. Not until the dream disappeared. 

        I didn't know how far I made it, but it wasn't long before someone's arm wrapped around my waist. The dream vanished as my head collided with something hard. 

"Sesshomaru!" I exclaimed when my vision cleared enough for me to see his armor. 

"What happened?" he asked as he released me, and took a step back. 

"Just a bad dream." I  mumbled. 

"Then let's go back to the others." he said, and startled to walk back. I quickly followed, and we returned in silence. 

"Mizuko! Are you okay!" Rin exclaimed; wrapping her arms around my hips. 

"I'm fine." I cringed at her touch, but relaxed when Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes at me. 

"Stupid girl, don't worry us like that." Jaken scolded. 

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"Go back to sleep, Rin." Sesshomaru ordered. She frowned, but listened. Jaken didn't wait for Sesshomaru's order to join her. 

I sat against a tree, and brought my knees to my chest. 

I'm not in that world anymore, and I'm still haunted by those stupid memories! I thought as I put my head between my knees. I didn't move when I heard Sesshomaru sit down next to me. I really didn't want to talk, and I figured looking at him would only raise questions. 

We sat there for a while, and it was comforting. I soon found myself trying to fall asleep again, but I wouldn't allow it. I wouldn't return to that dream no matter what. 

"You're stubborn." Sesshoomaru scuffed, and I jumped at the sudden sound of his voice. 

"What?" I asked; fianlly looking at him. 

"Go to sleep." was all he said. 

"N- I'm not tired." I couldn't say the word. 

Neither of us said anything. I fought to keep my eyes open, but I knew I was losing. I jumped to my feet, and jumping onto a tree branch. I landed on my feet, but fell when the blood rushed from my head. 

"Crap." I muttered as I braced for the impact. 

"Troublesome woman." Sesshomaru growled as he caught me. I gave him a nervous smile, and he dropped me on the ground.