Chapter 15

Smashing our lips together is the only way to describe it. There was no romance, no gentleness behind it. I wanted him, and I wanted him now. I was highly annoyed when he grabbed my shoulders and held me at arms length. 

"Not like this." was all he said, and started to walk away. 

"Sesshomaru!" I yelled at him, anger filling my voice. 

"I will not take advantage of you while you're grieving." his voice was sharp, and I took a few steps back in shock. 

"Your nobility is unwanted in this situation." I sighed as I walked past him and back to the camp. 

     "Lady Mizuko!" Nami exclaimed as I came into sight. I was about to respond when I saw Kirako through the trees. I didn't say anything but took off running towards her. 

I saw her moving farther away, and tried to run faster. She disappeared behind a bush, and by the time I pushed through it she was gone. 

"Dammit!" I cursed; hitting a tree and immediately regretting it. 

     "Kirako!" I exclaimed as someone grabbed my arm and turned me around. I didn't even pause to look at their face before throwing my arms around their neck. It wasn't until my arm brushed against the hilt of a sword that I realized my mistake. 

"Appreciate the warm welcome, little witch, but I don't think I'm who it's supposed to be for." Bankotsu chuckled; untangling my arms from around his neck. 

"No. You're not." I said in a sad voice. 

"Look, uh, I'm not good at being good, but if she's alive we'll find her. If she's after Maya and Naraku then our paths are bound to cross." he said with a strained look on his face like he was really concentrating on what he was saying. 

I pulled his lips to mine, and just as quickly shoved him away. Suddenly I understood what Sesshomaru said earlier. 

Did I really only want him because I was grieving? I thought as I took off running back to camp; leaving Bankotsu standing in utter shock. 

     "You stink of bones and graveyard soil." Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes as I burst into camp; breathless. 

"Ran into...Bankotsu...while I was....chasing a ghost." I panted out. Bankotsu wouldn't live long enough to show us the way to the castle if I told Sesshomaru the truth. 

"Hm." was his only response. 

---Time Skip---

     We'd been traveling for just over a week, and Bankotsu just told us we only had two more days of travel. 

"I was wondering if we'd ever find it." I mumbled. 

"Hey, I told you I'l take you to it, didn't I?" Bankotsu smirked. Neither of us acted like the kiss happened, and I was thankful for that. "You should have more faith in my, little witch." 

"Why do you still call her that if she's human?" Rin asked; jumping on his back. He was distant with everyone except Rin. No one could hate Rin. 

"It just stuck I guess." he chuckled. 

"Nami, I think it's time you take Rin back to the castle. I don't want her getting caught in the middle of this fight. I also don't want you getting caught in it." I said and she gave me a quick nod. 

"Jaken, go with them." Sesshomaru ordered, and I held back a smile. 

"But, M'Lord!" Jaken exclaimed. 

"Don't question me, Jaken." he barked. 

"Yes, M'Lord, come on Rin. Let's go." Jaken said in a defeated voice.