Chapter 21

Again, I don't know how long I've been with Naraku. I was surprised that he hasn't beat me yet, but I wasn't getting my hopes up. Sesshomaru still hasn't found me, and now Naraku only needed one shard for the jewel to be complete. 

I hope Kohaku is going to be alright. As long as he stays with Sesshomaru, then he should be safe. But Sesshomaru leaves them alone a lot. I thought with a sigh. 

"Why are you sighing?" Naraku asked. Since I've been here, he's kept me in the same room as him unless he runs off. Then I'm stuck with a new incarnation called Byakuya. 

"Doesn't matter." I shrugged. 

"I asked you a question." I growled at his close proximity, but he only chuckled. "Do you not like me being so close?" 

"I don't want you filth to rub off on me." I sneared, then flinched. I had never supressed that reflex again, so when Naraku took me I didn't get the chance. I didn't care if he hadn't hit me yet because I knew he eventually would. 

"Stop flinching. It doesn't suit you." he whispered in my ear. I couldn't hold back to trimmer that went down my back. 

"Hmph." I snorted. Naraku just chuckled, but I was happy when he backed away.

"How long until my death?" he asked suddenly. 

"Don't know. How long have you had Koga's shards?" I asked. 

"A week." he replied; looking at me from the corner of his eyes. 

"Give it a few days." I shrugged. "Complete the jewel and your death is inevitable." 

"You seem sure about that." he glared at me. 

"I am." I shrugged again. 

"HMM!!!!" I mumbled against his lips as I tried to shove him off me. I kept beating my fist against his chest, but I wasn't making any progress. Not to mention that my panick was making me even shorter of breath. 

        "AIR!" I gasped when he finally released my lips. I was leaning with my body twisted to the side, and he was still hovering over me. "What the hell was that!" my elbow connected with his jaw, and he fell sideways. He glared at me, but didn't make a move. 

"Naraku, the final shard is ours." Byakuya said from the doorway, and my stomach dropped. 

"You seething bastard!" I growled, and my hand burst through his chest. ]

"Wench!" Naraku growled, and shoved me away from him. 

"I'll kill you!" I screamed as hot tears fell from my eyes. 

I'm crying?! I thought as I attacked Naraku. 

"Mizuko!" I heard Kirako's voice, but I ignored it. She had tried taking me from Naraku plenty of times, but she never succeeded. I was tackled to the side, but I took Naraku's arm with me. 

"Get off me!" I screamed, and wildly swung my nails at her. 

"Well, this took an unexpected turn." Naraku growled. "Who wouldn've thought that you would save me, Kirako." I heard him chuckled, and I threw her off me. 

"I'm not done yet!" I yelled, but then fell to my knees. 

"I think you are." Kirako whispered in my ear. Purple flames surrounded us, and I heard Naraku curse. I growled, and jumped through the flames. It burned slightly, but my demonic aura protected me mostly. 

"Not finished yet?" Naraku chuckled, and I saw him place the last shard into the jewel. My control snapped, and I felt my body transforming into my dog form.