Chapter 13

I woke up, and my shouder still hurt. I remembered what happened, and now only one word was on my mind. 

Mate. It was a word I never even thought of. I wasn't sure on how I felt about Sesshomaru, but I knew I wasn't ready to be his mate. I was only 15!

"You're awake." Sesshomaru's voice sent a calming feeling over me. I took a deep breath, and realized that Rin and Jaken weren't here. 

"Where are the others?" I asked. 

"They're safe. We're going to acquire you a weapon fit for a demon, and better clothing." he replied. 

"What's wrong with my clothing?" I pouted as I sat up and looked him. 

"You need armor so you're protected better." he said as he stood. I gave a nod, and stood as well. 

"Where to first?" I asked. 

"Your weapon." he said, and wrapped his arm around my waist. We started to fly, and I was interested to know where we were going. 

I decided not to ask. 

I'll see when I get there. 

        It took almost the whole day, but eventually we started to pass over a fire filled land. There wree bones scattered everywhere, but it didn't bother me. 

"We're here." Sesshomaru said as we landed in front of a giant skull. He set me down, and started to walk into the head. 

"Hot!" I exclaimed, and jumped on his back. "Sorry." I mumbled when he growled, but I didn't get off. 

"Lord Sesshomaru, what do I owe this surprise!" an old man exclaimed, and fear crossed his face. 

"She needs a weapon, Totosai." Sesshomaru replied. 

"Hi." I peaked my head over Sesshomaru's shoulder, and the man's eyes widened as they settled on the crook of my neck. 

"Is that a mate's mark?" he exclaimed. 

"Um, uhuh." I mumbled; slightly embarrassed. 

"Come here. Let me get a look at ya." the man motioned for me to come closer. I dropped off of Sesshomaru's back, and ignored the burning in my feet as I came closer. 

He gripped my chin, and started turning my head side to side. 

"It's fine." I said when Sesshomaru started to growl. 

"My bad, Sesshomaru! Forgot about the mate thing for a moment!" the man exclaimed; waving his hands innocently. 

"Are you going to make her a weapon?" Sesshomaru relaxed after a moment. 

"Yes. Do not kill me for this." the old man sighed. 

"What- OWWW!" I exclaimed as he ripped my two top fangs out. 

"I said don't kill me!" Totosai exclaimed as Sesshomaru appeared between us. 

He's much more protective now that he marked me. I thought as I looked up at him. 

"Why did you rip my teeth out?" I complained. 

"I need something to make the weapon, so it was just for you." he shrugged. 

"You could've warned me." I mumbled, then the pain in my feet returned. "Ouch!" I exclaimed, and jumped back onto Sesshomaru's back. 

"How long?" Sesshomaru asked after he growled at me.