Presents/best frienemies

Jack Johnson's P.O.V.
"She's a keeper", my grandma whispers in my ear. I smile at first, but then frown shaking my head.

"We're not dating", I say flatly because god do I wish we were. My grandma just shakes her head and smiles warmly at me.

"Not yet you aren't. I see the way she looks at you", she replys turning. Does Brianna look at me lovingly? I try to think back and images of Malibu come to my mind. When we were sitting on the beach and I said we had to go but she pulled me back down. She had a weird glint in her eyes.

"NO STOP", I look up and my heart aches at the site. Brianna's bent over tickling my cousin (she's 5)  who's laughing uncontrollably, and Brianna's laughing too. She stops and picks her up in her arms smiling brightly and I swear to god my heart skips a beat. The adults keep talking but I see them all looking at Brianna smiling.

Brianna instantly clicked with my family when they came over, mostly with my cousins. They absolutely adore her. melany (make believe one of J's cousin is 5) the most. She's absolutely fascinated by Brianna. Every aspect of her.

The couch sinks next to me. I look up to be met with the hazel orbs I love so much. She sits so close our shoulders touch and knees touch.

"Where's mel?", I ask noticing the disappearence of the bubbly toddler.

"Your aunt wanted her to take a nap so she's upstairs", she replies stretching. Her head leans onto my shoulder and I smile bigger if possible.

"You said you were bad with kids, I don't get it they love you", I say. She shrugs and I'm well aware that my family is watching/listening to us talking.

"I guess it's easier since they are like miny you's. Ellie has your sense of humor and the same pouty face you do", she laughs. We sit in a comfortable silence and Brianna rests her legs over mine. I take the opportunity to grab her legs and lightly rub them.

"I never gave you your presents ya know", she says. I notice how my grandmother smiles warmly at Brianna.

"Present(s)?", I ask. She said she was gonna give me one.

"Well ugh yeah I had extra money and well I was gonna get one for Matt but you know so I got another one for you because you deserved another one", her cheeks glow a bright crimpson red as she looks down at her fingers.

"Well I got you two to so I guess we're even common lets go get them and open them", I suggest. She nods and hops up sprinting upstairs. I smile and chase after her.

We thud up the stairs into my room and grab our suitcases. She pulls out two wrapped boxes and I pull out a wrapped box and an envelope. She turns and smiles at me.

"Damn we went all out", Brianna laughs. I smile cheekily at her and grab her free hand tugging her downstairs. We get to the bottom, sitting on the couch turned towards each other.

The adults keep talking but I know they are all watching us intently. I hand Brianna the converse first because I want to save the tickets for last. She hands me a box that looks similar to mine. We both tear the wrapping open and open the presents. Mine was a pair of vans that I've been wanting. I smile up at her and she has a matching one.

"I've been wanting these, how'd you know?", she asks.

"You were kinda blabbing on and you mentioned it. Matt was texting Ellie and he wasn't listening so I decided to get them for you myself."

I'm caught off guard when I feel her lips on my cheek. She pecks my cheek and pulls away giddily.

"Thank you Jack", she says her hand resting on my knee. My heart pounds in my chest so fast it hurts. I'm so f-cking in love with her..