Chapter 3

The lunchroom was chaos.

With 300 people in all, it may not sound like a lot, but the room was very small.

Roderich stood in the middle of the room, his tray in his hands. He wanted to sit with Elizaveta, but Elizaveta was surrounded by other females. And so he looked around the cafeteria, searching for a place he would be welcome.

"Oi, Roddy, over here!"

Kind of Angered by his nickname, he looked around for who had called him that. And it was none other than Gilbert himself.

"Come sit with us!" He motioned for Roderich to sit beside him. Across from him was vash, and beside vash was Ludwig.

Well, Roderich didn't really have anywhere Else to go, so he walked over and sat beside Gilbert.

"Could you please call me by my real name and not that ridiculous nick name?"

"Awe, but roddy..."

"Please? It makes me feel like a toddler."

"What else should I call you then?"

"How about Roderich."

"But that's boring..."

"Then how about-"

"Hey, faggot!"

Gilbert's face went from playful to murderous in about 3 seconds flat. "What is it, shithead?"

A large boy who had to be at least a foot taller than Gilbert plunked down beside him. and the entire cafeteria went silent. "Hey, this new kid. He your boyfriend?"

Roderichs face went comppletely red. "N-no! No it's not like that at all, we're just roommates I-"

"I didn't ask you, midget dick."

Roderich just kind of sat there with his mouth open, offended.

"He's a friend." Gilbert growled threw his barred teeth.

"Your boyfriend..."

"My friend. Unlike you, I have friends."

The entire lunchroom was quiet for a moment, and everything seemed to freeze.

"Say that again." The boy rose slowly to his feet.

Gilbert remained seating, watching vash. "Is your hearing really that bad, Ulz?" He sighed. "Must be gettin worse and worse every day."

Ulz leaned in, practically spitting the words. "Say that again, faggot."

Gilbert stood up, knocking Ulz's lunch tray over so the food spilled over the table, the milk pooling and spilling onto the ground. "Oops."

"You wanna go, fag?"

"Where?"

"Do you wanna fight?"

"But you just asked me if I wanna go... Where are we gonna go? Outside? To the dorms? To the basket ball court? Maybe I could beat your ass in a game of football?"

Ulz was so angry he was practically red, his slicked back blond hair slightly messy and his green eyes murderous.

It wasn't long after that that Ulz was hunched over, holding his crotch while Gilbert kicked and punched and kneed and yelled insults. "You stupid piece of shit!" He yelled, kicking or punching him in between most words. That is, until Ulz grabbed Gilbert's ankle and tugged it out from under him, causing Gilbert to fall back and smack his head on the floor.