Chapter 21

Roderich was known by most of the girls as "the Austrian prince", as most of them were to shy to talk to him or ask for his name.

He was known by most of the boys as "the pussy who's always with beilshmidt." Because he was never seen without either Gilbert or Ludwig.

He was known by most of the teachers as "that goody-two-shoes that keeps Gilbert under control" or "edelstien".

To his father, he was known as "roddy".

To his mother, he was known by many names. "Darling". "little prince". "Bugaboo". "Angel".

And to Gilbert, he was known as "Casanova". Roderich had no idea what that meant, and didn't really care.

To put it simply, Giacomo Casanova was an Italian adventurer who lived in the 1700s and is famous for seeming to be able charm any woman he wanted to. His name is now used as a synonym for "womanizer", as he was rumoured to have slept with over 122 women.

Roderich may not have slept with anyone, or really do anything romantic at all.

However, Girls were practically hurling themselves at his feet.

No matter where he went, as long as it was on school campus, there were always eyes following them.

Roderich, of course, was oblivious.

Gilbert was aware of everything. He saw how the girls looked at him and Roderich, he heard their whispers.

Elizabeth also told him everything she knew. How her straight friends would talk about him, and how attractive he was. She thought it was disgusting that all they cared about was his appearance.

And so, Gilbert and Roderich filled their trays with food, Gilbert almost able to feel the eyes that were constantly on Roderich.

"Hey, Austrian!"

Gilbert's heart automatically sank into his stomach. Great. More girls to try and pull Roderich away from him.

A shorter girl in a short blue skirt and a loosely button up white shirt (it wasn't the school uniform, but she probably has an excuse) stood by Roderich, who just kind of turned, confused. "Why do people keep referring to me as 'Austrian'? I have a name, you know."

"What is it then?"

"It's Roderich."

"Alright, Roderich, why don't you come sit at our table with us?" She motioned to a table that was practically crawling with females. That fact alone scared Gilbert.

"Can Gilbert come?" Roderich asked, glancing warily at the table. Ever since the incident with Isabel and micha, he'd been sort of scared of females. Accept the teachers and Elizaveta, of course.

The girl looked over at Gilbert, then back to Roderich. "We'd prefer not to have him come."

"Why?" Roderich asked.

"Well, um... I'd just be best to not talk
About this and just come sit with us."

He looked over at Gilbert, who's mind was racing.

He needed to give Roderich some space, some freedom. He'd practically been breathing down his neck since he arrived, and although he was okay with it, Gilbert felt he was being a little bit too protective.