Chapter 68

Crossing borders became difficult as the time went on and their disappearances became known.

They'd had to abandon their car, stealing a Lamborghini during their travels. They'd forged new passports for themselves, and took advantage of being criminals by occasionally taking off their disguises and strolling into a public place, leaving messages here and there, since they'd definitely get publicity. Messages such as "love is love" and "equity is key" frequented the news, spray painted onto the sides of buildings or just written with chalk on the fronts of them. The names left under them were always the same.

Wolfgang and Klaus.

They had started to have to wear their disguises almost 24/7 unless they were writing on buildings and such, both of them getting antsy from having to drive for long periods of time.

It took them about nine hours of driving to get to Rome, where they were spending the night before flying off to North America.

They'd made new IDs for themselves, claiming they were brothers, both 25 years old and born in Austria, with the names Wolfgang and Klaus Hohenzollern.

Once in Rome, they had to abandon their car. The streets were impossible to drive on, so they walked and took public transportation.

Rome was one of the most beautiful  cities Roderich had ever seen.

Beautiful historical buildings could be found on every street, shops and bakeries and music playing everywhere, people singing and dancing and couples holding hands, and he couldn't help but grin. Everything was so lively and bright, everything filled with joy and laughter.

They stopped at a small coffee shop on the outskirts of the city, where they took a break from driving and acting like tourists just to enjoy the fact that they were in Italy.

The two of them sat together, chatting about everything and yet nothing at all. Roderich held his coffee in his hands, holding it close to his face, while Gilbert's stayed mostly on the table. He wasn't really a fan of coffee. Roderich needed it almost as much as he needed oxygen.

"What's your favourite position?" Roderich whispered, trying to keep quiet in the almost empty cafe to make sure that no one could over hear their conversation.

"I don't know... Probably the one where I have you pinned up against the wall with your legs around my waist." Gilbert said softly. "How about you?"

"I enjoy it when you're riding me. What's it called? Cowboy or something of the sorts, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it's cowboy." Gilbert chuckled.

"I like the cowboy thing."

Gilbert smiled. "Which do you like better? Topping or bottoming?"

Roderich shrugged. "I don't know. Both of them are nice. I only like bottoming because I don't have to do any work and I get to see your dominant side."

Gilbert laughed, "That's my Roderich."

Roderich smiled softly.

Gilbert leaned on his hand. "Got any kinks?"

Roderich covered his bright red face, chuckling softly. "Too many to count." He whispered.

Gilbert grinned. "We should try them sometime. I'm kinda vanilla, but I don't mind doing something different to spice it up a bit."