Chapter 22

Ah, the school talent show.

The day had finally arrived.

December 15th, the last day before Christmas break.

Sadly, Christmas was the only holiday that the school celebrated apart from Valentine's Day. (They didn't really have a choice on the last one) but the talent show had basically become a holiday for the students, and they'd all been looking forward to it since October.

Roderich had entered, of course. But he wasn't performing on his piano.

Aka, Gilbert desperately wanted to know what he was doing.

But Roderich kept it as secret as he could, sneaking off into the forest to practice instead of practicing in the dorms or anything.

Gilbert, he had a secret too.

He had entered, and got in.

However, he told no one. Not even Roderich. The only one who knew was Mrs. Gamester, so everyone was very surprised when he sat down beside Roderich in the seating area for the acts.

The entire school was gathered in the gym, all sitting on the bleachers. Mrs. Gamester was the MC, as she was the one who planned it and everything. She stood up on the make-shift stage, talking big about the acts about to come and reassuring the nervous kids.

Gilbert may have been the gayest gay to ever gay, but he still loved Mrs. Gamester. Just not in a romantic way, more of in a friend or family way.

"Alright, settle down guys." She had a mic in her hand, her hair in a messy bun. "First off, we have a guy I didn't expect to be doing this. He's foreign, but you all know him. What's his name? Roderich edelstien. And today he'll be singing an English song for you, called pillow talk."

She looked off stage, to the people that were doing acts that were all sitting on folding chairs in rows beside the stage, where Roderich sat.

He looked absolutely terrified.

And he was. He was shaking, everything was starting to blur, his stomach felt like it was filled with helium again. But he couldn't back down. Not now.

So he got up, trotting up the stairs and taking the mic from Mrs. Gamester.

He walked to the middle of the stage, and when the music started playing, everything became easier. The fear seemed to slowly melt away, and suddenly he had confidence in himself.

Gilbert was excited, proud. His emotions were all jumbled, and he didn't really know how he was feeling. All he knew was that he was very happy.

"Climb on board..." Even the look on Roderichs face was a turn on. "We'll go slow, and high tempo. Light and dark... Hold me hard and mellow."

You could almost hear the girls in the crowd swooning.

"I'm seeing the pain, seeing the pleasure. No body but you, no body but me, no body but us, bodies together... I'd love to hold you close, tonight and always. I love to wake up next to you..."

Roderich turned his head, and winked at gilbert.

And Gilbert was fairly sure he was suffering from cardiac arrest.