Chapter 58

Roderich grinned like a toddler as he slid down the marble stairs on his backside, standing up as soon as he reached the bottom and sliding across the hardwood floors in his fluffy socks.

He raced across his fathers study, making sure to knock over everything he could and make as much noise as possible to disturb him. As soon as his father turned around he sprinted away, down the corridors, towards the front doors.

He flung them open without hesitation, grinning madly as Gilbert stepped inside, groaning slightly under the weight of all his possessions.

Despite the ever growing hunger in his stomach that he didn't seem to be able to satisfy, Roderich was happy. Gilbert was moving in with him, and he'd caught up on school, finished exams, and now had what was left of summer off. He was awake, he was alive, and he got to skip four months of gym without any punishments from Mr. Falconie.

However, there were some downsides. He'd apparently been sent into that coma from an overdose on some sort of drug, and his throat was still terribly raw. He was sore, and stiff, and was actually doing physical activity to try to loosen up a bit. He had to relearn how to walk, which Gilbert took great pleasure in helping him with.

His father, as usual, was an ass, so the both of them stayed mostly in Roderichs room, which was on the second level.

Gilbert was completely blown away by Roderichs house.

It wasn't really a house. It was more of a mansion.

High vaulted ceilings, beautiful furniture, hardwood flooring, plush carpets, an indoor and outdoor pool. A hot tub, marble stair cases, expensive looking paintings, and everything seemed to look like the inside of a magazine, with pillows that went perfectly with the couch and the drapes, and furniture that went well with the hardwood floors. Everything was beautiful, and looked like it cost billions of dollars.

Large windows which over looked a beautiful lake, beautiful black metal handrails with such intricate designs on them they must've taken months to craft.

And then Roderich led Gilbert to his room, and he almost fainted.

His room was absolutely covered in maps and posters. A large king sized bed with duvet covered in music notes and treble clefs sat in the middle of the room, a giant television sitting across from it with every single video game console imaginable hooked up to it. A chair with a sort of hollow egg like shape sat in the corner, covered in sheet music, Roderichs violin and flute sitting on top of it. A beautiful grand piano sat in a corner, a plush white carpet underneath it. A large black book case sat against one wall, almost overflowing with hardcovers and paperbacks.

Roderich flopped down onto his bed, snuggling in the mountain of pillows.

"Holy shit..." Gilbert whispered, dropping his things and just sort of looking around. "This is... Your room?"

"Yes." Roderichs voice was muffled by the pillows. "Didn't I already say that?"

"Oh my god." Gilbert whispered. "Holy fucking shit."

"Oh... Yes, I forgot you're poor. This is what my room looks like. My Father is very rich."

Gilbert couldn't help but laugh. "Well I know that, but... It's just... Our lives are so..."

"Different." Roderich smiled slightly, peaking out from the mountain of pillows he was buried in.

"Yeah..." Gilbert murmured. "I mean, I'm poor, and you're rich. I had to work at the local pet store just to be able to eat, and you have a chef and a butler and all that shit..."

"Well... We don't have a butler... But we have a full-time cook and some cleaning ladies who come once a week." Roderich mumbled.

Gilbert was practically tearing up. "I almost can't believe this..." He murmured.

"Why...?" Roderich asked, cocking his head to the side slightly.

"It's just..." Gilbert bit his lip. "You chose me. You're attractive, and you're bisexual. And you're rich. You've got unlimited choices, hell, all the girls love you. And you chose... Me. Me, the gay albino with anger issues who almost died of malnutrition he's so fucking poor."

"Yes, but... They don't really love me..." Roderich murmured, pushing away part of the pillow mountain he was hiding in. "I mean... I'm attractive, yes. But that's all they care about. They just want to be able to take pictures with me and brag about how attractive their boyfriend is. And the ones that know about my fathers company... All they want is the money they'd get once I died. They'd off me the day after our honeymoon."

Roderich no longer looked playful or happy. He just sort of looked disappointed and sad.

"But you..." Roderich smiled slightly at the thought. "You... Love me, I think. And either you're really good at hiding it, or you're not after me for my money. And you don't really have very many friends to brag about me to, so... I think you're dating me for who I am."

"Yep. I'm dating you because you're my sassy Austrian pianist with the cute butt." Gilbert grinned.

"Yes. I am your sassy asstrian pianist with the wonderful ass."

"Oh, so you acknowledge it?" Gilbert smirked.

"I'm just speaking the truth." Roderich smiled.

Their conversation was interrupted when the door opened suddenly and Roderichs father waltzed in, thrusting his hand out towards Gilbert.

"Since you're living with my son, I figured I may as well formally introduce myself. I'm Adolph Edelstien." His piercing blue eyes seemed to stare right into Gilbert's soul, which kind of made him want to cry.

"Um... It's a pleasure. Gilbert beilshmidt." He took the mans hand, shaking it firmly, his fingers long and thin like those of his son.

This man looked almost nothing like Roderich. His body was generally tall and lanky, while Roderich was only around average height and was more graceful. He had longer blond hair and bright blue eyes, much like Ludwigs.

Ah, Ludwig.

He'd somehow found his way to Italy, where he was spending the summer with his "best friend" Feliciano Vargas. It was very apparent they were more than friends.

"Well, it's... It's nice to know that my son has made a... A friend. I expect to see you two at dinner time, which is 6 pm. Sharp. If you're late, you aren't eating."

"Yes father." Roderich said, as if he was a soldier confirming a command. 

Adolph nodded, and with that, he turned on his heels and strutted out of the room.

Roderich almost gasped as Gilbert shut the door behind the man. "What time is it?!" Roderich demanded.

"Uh... About five, why?" Gilbert murmured, sitting down on the bed beside Roderich.

Roderich grabbed a fancy looking remote out of seemingly nowhere and turned on the television, flipping to a Chanel that was currently playing a cartoon.

Roderich set down the remote, smiling.

"Aren't you a little old to be watching cartoons?" Gilbert asked.

"Shut up, this is my favourite show." Roderich snapped.

Gilbert chuckled. "This is a kids show."

"Eat my entire ass."

Gilbert smirked, "Gladly."

And Roderich promptly started to beat him with the nearest pillow.