Chapter 7

Roderich was confused.

There were two girls, best friends it seemed like, named Isabel and micha.

They would stare at him whenever they saw him, blushing whenever he made eye contact. Whenever he would talk to them, they would giggle and compliment him, a strange look in their eyes. And every day at lunch, they'd try to sit beside him.

And on the Saturday of the second week, they approached him.

"Hey Roderich, what's up?" The girl named Isabel rocked back in forth on her feet, a bright smile on her face, her cheeks dusted pink.

"...I'm attempting to study?" He tapped his cheek with the eraser on his pencil, a confused sort of look on his face.

"We were just w-wondering." Micha stuttered, her long brown hair pulled back into a messy bun. "Would you like to maybe hang out with us off campus later today?"

"Rod..." Gilbert whispered, a wary sort of tone to his voice.

"Well, I suppose that's not a problem. What time?"

Isabel's face lit right up, Micha's turning a shade of bright red.

"M-maybe 3 to 6?" Micha's eyes were a dark brown, almost black, her skin a soft sort of tan.

Roderich turned to Gilbert. "Is that okay with you?"

"No."

"All the more reason to go then. Where should we meet?"

"We'll meet you outside your dorm building." Isabel assured. Her eyes were a dark green, almost nothing like elizavetas.

"Alright, sounds good. I'll see you then, ladies."

And with that, they turned and ran off, giggling as they went to meet up with their other friends.

"Roderich Edelstien, you're dead."

"Last time I checked, I'm still breathing and I have a pulse."

"None of this smartass shit, okay? This is serious! They may look all cute and shit, but I swear they are literally Demons!"

"Did you just call a female cute?"

"I'm gay, not blind. Anyway, you're not going."

"What? Who are you to tell me that?"

"I've been here longer than you. I know people. And those are people you don't want to be involved with."

"Why?"

"Let's just say people that go on dates with them don't come back the same. No one knows what they do to them, they're just different."

"Well, I think they're lovely. Also, it's not a date. We're just 'hanging out' or whatever that is supposed to mean." Roderich crossed his arms. "And you can't stop me from going."

-----

Let's just say Roderich wasn't very happy.

He had to sneak out a window to avoid being seen and kept inside by Gilbert, and was now waiting right outside the door to the lobby, leaning against the brick wall. It was 3:15, and the girls seemed to be a no show.

And Roderichs mind was racing. What if Gilbert was right? What if they did something to him? He wouldn't be able to fight back, the entire school knew that.

"Roderich!" His head snapped up to face the voice, and there was Micha, running towards him, her hair now out of its bun in loose curls that sort of flew out behind her while she was running. "I-I'm so sorry I'm late! It's just that Isabel, she's- s-she's-" she looked on the verge of tears.