Chapter 44

Old Fritz tended to stay with the tour guide. Gilbert and Roderich tended to roam a little bit, but generally stayed near Old Fritz.

"And here," the obviously French tour guide said. "Is the throne room, which is sadly closed for maintenance. Come back sometime, it's pretty cool."

Gilbert glanced around, his eye catching on the door to the throne room, which was a large wooden door that was just open enough for Gilbert to slip threw.

And so he did. He grabbed Roderichs hand, yanking him threw the doorway and into the gigantic room, grinning wildly.

"Check this out! This is so cool!"

"Gilbert, please, can't we just stay out of places we're not supposed to go?"

"But isn't this awesome?"

"We should stop, oh god, we're going to get caught and kicked out PLEASE Gilbert..."

"Shhh... We won't get caught, I promise, Roderich. Shut up and live a little, will ya?"

Roderich was scared. He didn't want to get in trouble, no, that would attract attention and he absolutely hated being in the centre of attention unless he was doing something he loved. His heart was racing, his breath coming quick and a pit of icy dread and fear forming in his chest and stomach. "Gilbert."

Gilbert turned around, somewhat concerned. "Hey... We'll be quick, okay? I just wanna look around."

"Gilbert, What if we get caught?"

Gilbert chuckled slightly, getting down onto one knee and gently holding Roderichs hand in his, leaving a soft kiss on the back of his hand. "We won't, my spoiled prince."

Much to Roderichs dismay, Gilbert swung him into a sort of bridal carry, and he scrambled quickly to hold onto Gilbert tightly. "What are you doing?!" He demanded.

Gilbert didn't respond. He just marched up the few steps there were, stopping in front of the replica throne and dropping Roderich onto the padded seat.

"There we go. Exactly where a prince belongs."

Roderich just kind of blinked a few times before the shock melted away and he frowned slightly. "I'm not a prince."

Gilbert smiled, getting down on his knees again and gently holding the sides of Roderichs soft and beautifully sculpted face, just staring into his eyes for a moment.

"No. You're my prince."