Chapter 67

"These make me look ridiculous!" Roderich shouted.

"I'm sure you don't look as bad as me!" Gilbert shouted, attempting to be heard over the shower head.

Roderich eyed himself suspiciously, his glasses folded up and set on the bedside table. His beauty mark had been covered in concealer, effectively hiding it, his purple eyes now green. He'd gotten a hair cut, and now his chocolate brown hair was somewhat shorter. The one odd piece of hair that always stuck straight up was pinned down with a bobby pin. He had learned how to do basic things like contour, so his face looked somewhat different, and frankly, he looked like a different person. 

The shower turned off, and it wasn't long after that Gilbert stepped out of the steam filled bathroom, a towel around his waist.

Roderich almost gasped.

"Gilbert...?" He murmured.

A man had stepped out of the shower, yes. But Roderich wasn't sure he was Gilbert anymore.

The man had the form of Gilbert- with pale skin that was pulled tight over his muscles when he moved. He had the face of Gilbert- sharp jaw bones with softer cheek bones, a large toothy grin, a slim nose and messy, fluffy hair.

Accept this boy had bright blue eyes and light brown hair.

"Isn't this cool? I can pretend I'm not an albino. I got contacts too... Isn't this cool? I'm finally normal."

The boy grinned, waiting for a response.

Roderich was in shock.

"That's... Different." He whispered, unable to find the words he needed to describe what he was feeling.

Gilbert frowned. "I look weird, don't I?"

"No, no, it's just..."

"I knew it, I do look weird..."

Roderich bit his lip. "No, no, it's not that, it's just..."

Gilbert chuckled, reaching up and to Roderich horror, pulled off his hair. "It's just a wig, dumbass. I'm not gonna dye my handsome ass hair."

Under the brown wig was Gilbert's real hair, wet and matted down.

Roderich let out a soft sight of relief. "Thank goodness. I don't mean to offend you, but I like my Gilbert as Gilbert, not someone with brown hair and blue eyes."

Gilbert smiled, walking over to the mirror with Roderich, the two of them taking out their contact lenses, Roderich putting his glasses back on.

Gilbert turned to Roderich, smiling slightly and taking his face in his hands. He wiped away the concealer with his thumb, using a hand to pull out the bobby pin that held down his hair.

"There." He murmured. "Now that's more like my Rod."

Roderich smiled slightly, leaning forward and kissing Gilbert on the cheek. "I love you."

Gilbert let out a soft, shaking breath, reaching forward and holding Roderichs waist, pulling him close. "You're so damn cute."

Roderichs stomach growled loudly, and Gilbert couldn't help but chuckle. "Want me to order a pizza?"

Roderich almost cringed in disgust. "Pizza? From those disgusting fast food places?"

"Yeah. It's cheap, it's delivered to our door, and they don't ask questions."

"Ah... Good point."

Sadly, no matter how much he gorged himself on pizza, he was still absolutely starving. The food he ate gave him absolutely no satisfaction. He ate an entire pizza to himself, and although his stomach protested, he was still starving.

"Jesus Christ, Roderich, that's your eighth piece! Slow the fuck down!"

Roderich dropped his half eaten piece of greasy pepperoni pizza, swallowing what was in his mouth before speaking. "I'm starving. Piss off."

"Roderich, you need to-"

There was a knock at the door, and both of them stopped what they were doing, dropping everything and getting into their disguises.

"I'll be right there!" Roderich yelled, in the midst of putting in the left contact.

He ran to the door, pulling it open and smiling brightly. "Well hello there my friends, now how can I help you on this mighty fine-"

Roderich cut himself off when he gasped slightly, his heart hammering in his chest, his jaw dropping to the floor.

Micha and Isabel.

Isabel smiled awkwardly. "What's with the contacts, Roderich? And the weird introduction thing?"

Roderich was at a loss for words. How had they found him?

"I heard you killed your dad. That's quite the feat. Anyway, you're probably really hungry, so... Take this. I'll explain at a later date."

She handed him a water bottle, Micha smiling and waving, before they both turned and walked away.

Roderich closed the door slowly, just sort of turning around and sitting down on the bed, trying to process what had just happened.

Gilbert just kind of good by the mirror, with one blue eye and one red, looking confused and scared.

"We have to go." Roderich murmured. "If they managed to find us, then... We can't stay in Liechtenstein any longer. Let's go to Italy."

"Yeah. And... Uh... What's in the water bottle?" Gilbert whispered.

Roderich took a swig, swallowing wholeheartedly.

The mysterious liquid was thick, and salty and rich. Yet it was also sweet, and satisfied him to a certain extent.

"I don't know, but... It's good."

Gilbert took out the contact he'd managed to get in, pulling off the wig and marching over to Roderichs side, taking the water bottle from his hands and taking a long swig.

And he gagged, grabbing the nearest garbage can and spitting it out, dropping the water bottle and coughing up a storm.

"It's blood!" He managed to choke out. "It's human blood!"

"How do you know?"

"I've tasted my own blood before!"

Roderich reached down and grabbed the bottle, twisting off the lid and sticking his finger into the warm liquid. And sure enough, when he pulled it out, it had been stained red.

"That's odd..." He murmured. "Why would they give me a bottle filled with human blood? What am I even supposed to do with it?"

"I don't know, and I don't care. Now excuse me while I go wash my mouth out." Gilbert growled.