Chapter 11

Roderick may have been a tight ass, smart ass, nice ass (in both ways) goody two shoes, but he had still caught Gilbert's eye, and Gilbert was going to get a date with him no matter what.

The problem was, no matter how much Gilbert flirted, how many times Gilbert had saved his sorry little princess ass, Roderich seemed to be completely oblivious that Gilbert liked him.

Despite that, Gilbert was still very happy, as Roderich wouldn't leave his side. Roderich was somewhat terrified of people, being generally awkward in social situations and definitely not strong enough to pull his own weight during a fight. Gilbert was perfectly fine with keeping him company, After all, now he had a friend who didn't have any other friends, aka, he had someone who was never busy with other people and was always happy to be with him.

They had a sort of deal; Roderich kept Gilbert company and Gilbert protected Roderich with his life.

However, Gilbert also felt the need to keep Roderich happy, just as Roderich did with him. And that's why whenever Roderich was sad, Gilbert would do a bunch of crazy fucking shit in an attempt to cheer him up.

"So, rod, why are you all sad and shit?" Gilbert asked, sitting down cross legged across from Roderich.

Roderichs smile faded. "I feel like I made it awkward between Elizaveta and me..."

"Well, at least now we know she's hella gay."

"Just like you." Roderich smiled a little.

"Yep." Gilbert agreed. "And luddy. And probably vash too. Actually, no. Vash isn't interested in anything but his little sister."

"...ew..."

"N-no, not that kind of interested!" Gilbert exclaimed quickly. "I mean, well, he found her on the streets, so his family took her in, and he's been protecting her with his life ever since. She's to young to attend this school, but he calls her almost every night. They're inseparable. I wish me and luddy had a relationship like that."

"Hm..."

Gilbert had to resist the sudden urge to grab Roderich and pull him into a hug. He was just too goddamn cute.

"I swear, he'd die for her..." Gilbert murmured. "Luddy, I doubt he'd do the same for me."

"I'd die for you." Roderich murmured.

"You don't mean that." Gilbert laid down, staring at the ceiling. "That's easy to say. We have a list of people that we would die for. A bullet for them, a bullet for you. I seriously doubt you'd actually sacrifice yourself for me if you had the chance." He sighed. "If you're gonna say something like that, say 'id live for you', cause that's a lot harder to do, even harder to do to say when you know it's not true."

Roderich looked at Gilbert with a confused look on his face. "Since when are you so wise?"

Gilbert just kind of grinned. "I'm not wise. I'm awesome."

Roderich just kind of sighed, Then he turned back, staring at Gilbert's bed, which sat across from the two of them. "You know what the saddest word is?"

"What?"

"Almost."

Gilbert was quiet. "You're making me feel stupid. Explain."

"They almost saved her. He almost made it." Roderich sighed slightly. "She was almost mine."

Gilbert couldn't help but feel bad for Roderich. He knew what it was like being rejected- being told you didn't have a chance. Gilbert was practically the king of rejection. He sighed. "You know what? Let's go watch a movie. Bros night out. I'll sneak us in, and we can enjoy ourselves for once in our lives."

"Wait... Are you asking me out on a date...?"

Gilbert's face went a deep shade of red. "N-no no! I said bros night out! No homo!"

Roderich smiled. "Alright." He got up, reaching for his wallet, but Gilbert stopped him.

"What are you doing?"

"Grabbing my money."

"I said I was going to sneak us in."

"Gilbert. I think you've forgotten I'm the son of a man who practically bathes in money." Roderich deadpanned.

"...right."

"I'll pay for everything. I believe I have quite a few coupons from when I first arrived in town." Roderich grabbed his wallet, sort of sifting threw the bills and multiple coupons. "It can't be that expensive."

"How do you have coupons?"

"My father took me out to a movie as a sort of apology for calling me his biggest regret."

"Oh..."

"He then proceeded to go to a local bar and get drunk again. I'm still confused on how this man is able to run a business. I'm also confused on how I'm related to him. He's always drunk out of his mind, cursing and complaining about the weather in Germany. Not to mention he's blond and has blue eyes. The best assumption would be I'm more like my mother."

"Yeah. What's she like?" Gilbert leaned on his hand, watching Roderich talk and get ready to go out.

"Well, she's kind." He murmured. "And she has long, dark brown hair. She's extremely smart, And is very very good at saving money."

"That makes more sense."

"Yes... She's fantastic on the piano. She taught me everything I know. She also a very good singer, and just musically talented in general. And she has the most beautiful green eyes." He pulled on his coat, zipping it up to his chin. "Also, would you like your sweater back?"

"Hm?"

"Your sweater. The one you let me borrow last night. You know, before you fell in the river."

"Oh. Yeah, that'd be nice."

Roderich reached into one of his messy drawers, pulling out Gilbert's neatly folded red zip up sweater. "Here. I washed it, since you never know what was in the river water. It's clean now."

Gilbert quickly grabbed it and pulled it on. He was almost ecstatic, but hid it well. It smelled just like Roderich, like a warm hug from the skinny aristocrat.

"Thanks... Roderich."

"Oh, it's nothing. Anyway, are we going to go to the movies, or not?"

"Y-yeah, let's go."