Chapter 53

Old Fritz was alive, yes.

Although he was in a comatose state, he was alive.

And because he was in a comatose state, they had to end their trip early, and were sent back to school, given three days off to make up for missing the rest of their vacation.

And so, Roderich sat on his bed, a book in his hands while Gilbert took a shower.

And when Gilbert shuffled in, he didn't speak. He dressed in silence, flopping down onto his bed and just laying there.

Roderich sighed, dropping his book. "Why are you angry?"

Gilbert still didn't speak. He rolled onto his side, facing the wall.

"Gilbert, why are you angry? You can't ignore me forever."

Gilbert let out a heavy sigh. "Why did you leave me?"

"...what do you mean?"

"I mean why the fuck did you just run off on me? I said I needed you to help me, I didn't even know how to do CPR, and you just left, and now old Fritz might never wake up again!"

"I told you I was going to get help."

"I told you I didn't know how to do CPR!"

"You could have told me not to go!"

"You ran away before I could!"

"You should have spoken up before hand, you should have told me you couldn't do CPR!" Roderich spat.

"I tried to! And you just kept running!"

Roderich opened his mouth to say something, only to close it.

"You can't just leave me like that!" Gilbert was standing now, practically spitting the words. "You know I know nothing about medical shit! And you just left me! Now old Fritz might die! You can't just leave me like that, alright?! Do you have any idea how terrifying that was?! I thought I was going to kill him! And you just left me, and I had a life in my hands, knowing nothing about how to save that life! I was so SCARED Roderich, I didn't know what the fuck I was supposed to do, you clearly did, but you had disappeared!"

Gilbert grabbed his red sweater from his unpacked suitcase, pulling it on and stomping over to the door, flinging it open hard enough for it to hit the door stopper and make a loud bang.

"Wait!"

Gilbert stopped in his tracks, his fists so tight his knuckles were turning white. "What the fuck do you want?"

"I want to know where you're going!"

"Somewhere!" Gilbert spat, slamming the door behind him as his running footsteps retreated down the stairs.

Roderich rolled his eyes, sighing and laying down, staring at the ceiling. He didn't regret going for help instead, as it was probably faster than teaching Gilbert anyways. Gilbert was so stubborn and immature, and was a very slow learner when he was panicking.

Roderich was bored. Laying there alone was boring, and the book he was reading was an extra credit novel study that was boring as all hell. He'd already watched all of the documentaries on Netflix. He could practice piano, but... His wrists were cramping from playing all morning. He could re-watch les mis again, but he did that last night. He could go harass Gilbert for no reason, but that would take too much effort.

He sat up again, swinging his legs off the bed and standing up, and looking out the window. It was a gorgeous day out, the sun shining with a small amount of clouds, the temperature just perfect. He could go for a walk too.

Yes, it was decided. He was going to go for a walk.