Chapter 17

Roderich was panicking.

Because Gilbert was drunk.

And he was not yet of legal age.

The legal drinking age in Germany was 16. Gilbert was 15.

He was also terrified because he would now have to drive, and neither of them were of legal driving age. Roderich, however, was closest, as he was now 16. And he was terrified that they'd get pulled over and have the car taken away and both of them temporarily put behind bars with a suspicion of car theft.

And so, Gilbert sat in the passenger seat, drunkenly singing along to the radio while Roderich tried to drive.

"She asked me son when I grow old, will you buy me a house of gold... And when your father turns to stone, will you take care of me..." The song was in English, and his scratchy voice was much louder than the radio.

"I will make you queen of everything you see, I'll put you on the map, I'll cure you of disease..."

"Do you like this song, Gilbert?" Roderich asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Shut the fuck up, I'm tryina sing." Gilbert replied. "Look west, a pupper." He pointed to a fairly large dog on a walk with his owner.

Roderich sighed. "I'm not Ludwig."

"I know. You're adorable."

Roderichs heart skipped a beat. "What?"

"Man you sure are clueless, adorable."

Roderich wasn't sure what to say, and Gilbert just happily hummed along to the radio.

It was completely black outside. Roderich was just glad they'd made it out of the city. On the highway, he could relax.

Every thing was quiet and blissful until there was the recognizable clicking of a seatbelt being unbuckled.

"Gilbert...?" Roderich murmured, hesitant to take his eyes off the road.

Then Gilbert plopped his head down into Roderich lap, so he was kind of laying horizontally across the car. His head in Roderichs lap, his feet on the window.

"What are you doing?!" Roderich demanded, And Gilbert giggled, then yawned.

"I'm tired, and your lap looked really comfy."

"That doesn't mean you can just lay down! Get your head off of my lap and buckle up your seatbelt! If we get in an accident, you could be killed if you're laying like this!"

Gilbert just kind of giggled some more. "I wonder how many people have died while giving road-head."

Roderichs face went bright red, his skin tingling.

"Can you get off of me?!" Roderichs heart rate was faster than usual, and that fact scared him.

After a bit of struggling, he somehow managed to get Gilbert back in his seat and buckled. Roderich had turned off the radio, so Gilbert was whining about anything and everything instead of singing.

"Come on roddy... I'm booored.... And hungry... And tired..."

"We literally just ate." Roderich grumbled. "And don't call me 'roddy'. I thought we talked about this."

"Oh my god." Gilbert whispered.

Roderich sighed. "What is it, Gilbert?"

"I fuckin love you. Just so much I. Like full homo. Homo yes... As gay as fuckin possible. Glorious buttsex. Man you're great. Love you."

Roderich was fairly sure he almost had a heart attack.

"Is... Is that the 'mudslide' talking?"

"No." Gilbert murmured. "It's me. Talking to myself. You're pretty hot too though."

Roderichs heart seemed to skip a beat, but also sink to his stomach. "Oh."

Gilbert unbuckled again, flopping down and onto Roderichs lap for the second time. Roderich didn't scold him. Instead, he just kind of let out a small sigh, taking a hand off the wheel to run his fingers threw Gilbert's hair.

Gilbert was in heaven. Yes, he wouldn't remember any of this in the morning. But while it lasted, it was beautiful. It's was the most wonderful thing that had ever happened to him. It felt so good to lay in Roderichs lap, watching his beautiful face while he ran his fingers threw his hair.

Roderich was just trying not to kill them both. It was already hard enough to drive in the dark, but driving with a drunk boy laying in your lap while trying to navigate your way back to your school is a little bit more difficult.

Luckily, Roderich managed to get them both to the school without anyone getting injured. The only down side was that Roderichs smooth driving had resulted in Gilbert falling asleep in his lap.

Roderich automatically started to panic. He had gilbert sleeping in his lap. In his lap. He couldn't move, but he also couldn't stay there overnight, as students weren't exactly allowed anywhere near the staff dorms, and if someone found them like that, just sleeping in Mrs. Gamesters car, Gilbert his his head on Roderichs lap, the rumours would fly. And Roderich was scared. He was scared of being picked on like Gilbert was. He was already picked on enough just for being his friend, but if he was actually dating him...

Roderich shook that thought from his head. He had to stay calm. He had to somehow get Gilbert and himself into their room without waking Gilbert. And Roderich was definitely not able to carry Gilbert.

And so, he slipped out from under him and closed the door to keep the heat in. As quietly as he could, he sneaked into the staff dorms, up the stairs and up to Mrs. Gamesters door, knocking in the special way Gilbert had taught him.

It opened almost immediately, Mrs. Gamester standing in the doorway, a confused look on her face. "Edelstien? Where's Gilbert?"

"He's... He's kind of asleep in your car."

Mrs. Gamester looked even more confused. "Why wasn't he driving?"

"Well... He's... He's kind of... Drunk. I think the beverage he ordered might have had some alcohol in it."

"Where did you go? What did he order?"

"I don't know, some overpriced restaurant. He ordered a 'mudslide'."

Mrs. Gamester sighed. "Of course this had to happen to gilbert of all people."

"Do you know what's in a mudslide?"

"It's basically just alcohol and chocolate milk."

"Oh."

"I'm guessing you can't carry him by yourself?"

"No, no I can't. He's too heavy, and I'm too... I'm not strong enough." He murmured.

"Okay, how about I carry him, and you open doors and shut off the car and stuff."

"Sounds good."