Chapter 39

The door opened suddenly, Elizaveta standing in the opening she'd made. "Guys, it's almost time to start."

Gilbert blinked slightly, his mind still hazy. "Okay?" He yawned slightly. "How did you even get in here? This is the boys dorms... You aren't allowed anywhere near here..."

"I snuck in. Now get your asses out of bed." She ordered, and then slammed the door shut.

Gilbert blinked away the sleep in his eyes, checking his watch.

It was currently 7:42 pm, and capture the flag started at 8:20.

"Hey, Roderich..." Gilbert whispered, shaking Roderichs shoulders slightly. "Wake the fuck up, we gotta start getting ready..."

No response.

"Rod... Get your ass up."

Roderich let out a soft sigh, but still didn't move.

Gilbert, at a last resort, took his hand off Roderichs butt and then brought it back quickly, getting a satisfactory slapping sound. Roderich head shot up, his eyes open, groaning loudly.

"You are an ass." He grumbled, pressing his face back into Gilbert's chest.

And Gilbert spanked him again, getting annoyed at how Roderich wasn't getting up.

Roderich groaned and his head shot up again, his eyes wide, his surprised look quickly turning to a nasty glare. "Fine."

He lazily climbed out of bed, stumbling over to his dresser and grabbing a pair of warm clothes, and starting to get changed. Gilbert stood up and stretched, yawning and running his fingers threw his messy hair. He was nervous, but he was almost sure they'd win. They had some of the smartest and most athletic people of the entire school on their team- they were destined to win. Gilbert had known Elizaveta almost all of his life- and she was very good at strategizing. If she was organizing this, they had a very good chance at winning.

"What are the rules? I seem to have forgotten." Roderich asked, pulling on a long sleeved shirt.

"Uh... No climbing trees unless you're tryna get the flag." He started unbuttoning his shirt. "No fist fighting, no weapons. If you grab a flag, you gotta bring it to your staff representative standing near the middle. If you get your flag captured, your team is out and you get to leave or watch the rest of the game..."

"If you catch someone, you have to escort them to jail, right?"

"Nah, you just gotta make sure they get there." He pulled off his shirt, tossing it blindly towards the laundry hamper. "Um... To catch people, all you gotta do is tag them. If you're caught cheating, your entire team is disqualified."

"That's a little... Harsh."

"It just means people won't cheat."

"Hmm." Roderich pulled on his coat, starting to do up the buttons.

"Here, let me do them." Gilbert stepped closer, gently pushing away Roderichs hands and putting the small buttons in the holes.

Roderich smiled. "You know, you seem all intimidating and mean, but you're actually quite gentle and kind."

"You think so?"