Chapter 51

Gilbert slipped his hand under Roderichs, entwining his fingers in the spaces between Roderichs fingers.

"Hey." He whispered. "Old Fritz is asleep."

They sat in the lounge, side by side, their hands hidden by Gilbert's jacket, which was laid over their laps as a sort of blanket. Gilbert would have loved to lean on Roderichs shoulder, but he already received enough staring. They could save most of the affection for their room.

Old Fritz was in a chair across from them, the lazy-boy facing away from them, a soft sort of snore coming from him.

Gilbert pulled up Roderichs collar with his freehand, Roderich turning in confusion.

"What did you do?"

"I pulled up your collar."

"Why?"

"Your... Your love marks were visible."

"That's not my fault." Roderich grumbled, turning away. "You're the one that gave them to me."

Gilbert sighed slightly. "You still can't have them showing."

"Why?"

"Because then you'll get weird looks, just like me."

"I don't care if I get weird looks." Roderich whispered, running his fingers threw his hair.

"You should." Gilbert murmured, checking his watch. "Hey, It's almost past curfew, we should probably head to bed."

"What about old Fritz? He can't just sleep here in the lobby."

"You're right..." Gilbert murmured. "Let's wake him up. He's been sleeping for a couple hours now, after all."

"I'll do it." Roderich murmured, flipping off Gilbert's coat and shoving his phone into his pocket before standing up. He hesitated for a moment, turning back to face Gilbert with an unsure look on his face. "Are we sure this is a good idea?"

"If you don't wake him up, who will?" Gilbert whispered back.

Roderich pursed his lips, and then smirked, a sort of evil thought coming to his mind.

And then he quickly grabbed old Fritz's shoulders, suddenly and roughly, in an attempt to scare him awake.

No reaction.

Kind of confused, as that usually worked with Gilbert, Roderich walked In front of the chair, shaking his shoulders gently this time. "Mr. Hohenzollern? It's almost curfew." He said at a generally normal volume. "It's time to wake up."

And then Roderichs eyes widened in fear, a cold, tight pit of dread forming in his stomach.

"He's not breathing."

Gilbert's stomach went cold, his blood doing the same as he stood up without warning. "What?"

"H-he's not breathing!" Roderich stuttered hurriedly, backing away in pure shock and disbelief. "B-but he was just snoring a moment ago, I... Call an ambulance, someone needs to start cardiopulmonary r-resuscitation!"