Chapter 62

Roderich sat shirtless on the side of the tub, Gilbert pulling shards of glass out of his back with tweezers.

"Ow!"

"Oops."

"Could you at least try to be more careful?" Roderich demanded, trying to ignore the tears that gathered in his eyes.

"I'm trying my best."

"You're not succeeding."

Gilbert chuckled. "When you try your best but you don't succeeeeeeed."

"Can you please focus on taking the glass out of my back?" Roderich snapped, turning just enough to give Gilbert a nasty glare over his shoulder.

"Alright, I get it."

"Ow!"

"If it hurts that much maybe you should stop moving."

Roderich grumbled something under his breath, gripping the edge of the tub tightly.

Gilbert dropped the last shard of bloodied glass into the clear plastic container. "There. All better. Now I just have to wrap you up and stuff."

Roderich was silent, as he didn't really have anything to say.

Gilbert grabbed a clean washcloth and the bottle of anti bacterial spray. "This might sting a little."

"I don't care." Roderich whispered.

"Why are you so salty all of a sudden?" Gilbert asked, chuckling slightly.

Roderich sighed softly. "I just killed my father and am likely going to spend the rest of my life either in jail or in a public school. I'm not exactly what most people would call 'cheerful'."

"Hey, stop being so gloomy. Look on the bright side; your dads dead, which means no more abuse, and if you do go to jail I promise I'll kill my dad and join you."

"You'd do that for me?"

"Yep."

Roderich hissed slightly at the anti bacterial spray. "That hurts! Fuck!"

"I told you it would sting."

"Shut the fuck up!"

"You're so cute when you swear."

Roderich groaned as Gilbert cleaned his wounds, the albino smiling to himself.

"I love you." Gilbert whispered. "You're the most beautiful person I've ever met."

"That's a lie, and you know it." Roderich mumbled.

"No... It's not." Gilbert assured. "You're a the most beautiful person I know. Your chocolate brown hair falls perfectly and fits your face, your purple eyes look amazing behind your glasses. You've got a perfect body, not ripped and not overweight but also not starving to death, just the perfect in between. Your skin is so soft, your ass is almost as tight as your personality, and you've got a beautiful smile and soft lips and I just can't stop staring at you. You're so fucking pretty, Jesus Christ."

Roderich was silent for a moment.

"Let's run away."

Gilbert almost fell off his stool. "What?"

"Let's run away. We can travel across Europe, maybe even go to North America. We'll go missing, make it look like we were kidnapped or something of the sorts. My father has enough money to feed a villiage for a century, and most of it in cash, because he doesn't trust banks. We'll stay in motels or something so the money lasts."

"Are you... Serious?"

"Do I look like I'm joking? Because I'm not."

There was a silence in between them, until Gilbert finished wrapping medical bandages around Roderichs chest. 

"There. You're as handsome as ever." Gilbert whispered, leaning forward and pressing a soft kiss to Roderichs bare shoulder blade.

Roderich shivered slightly, grabbing his shirt from the table and slipping it on.

Gilbert stood up, letting out a shaky breath and crossing his arms. "We'll be out by six pm. Pack light, make it look like there was a struggle. Take all of the money, make sure to throw yourself into a couple things and leave your finger print on random surfaces." He murmured. "We'll drive into Liechtenstein. We might have a little bit of trouble at the border, but if all else fails I can probably just drive threw everything. We'll have to steal licence plates frequently and stuff. The cleaning lady left a little while ago, and we can call the police right before we leave."

Roderich smiled slightly. "That sounds like a fantastic plan."